One Girl Can is an organization that presented to our Youth and Community Services Committee. They are a charitable organization that provides an opportunity for Canadian students to fundraise for girls in Africa.
One Girl Can connects students graduating from schools in Canada (Grade 12 grad and Grade 7 transition to high school) with their equivalent in Africa to help them achieve a similar educational standard that will open doors to opportunity.
How it works:
- Students sponsor girls their age in Africa
- Work to fundraise for that student
- $500 for secondary school scholarships
- $3500 for university scholarships
- One Girl Can connects them to a fundraising opportunity if they wish to use it:
- AG Hair provides shampoo – at below cost – $10
- Students sell shampoo ($35 I believe) to friends/neighbours
- 100% of profits go to scholarships for secondary school and university scholarships in Africa
For more information you can connect directly with:
jennifer napier | fund development coordinator
- 1.604.294.8870 ext . 146