Attention Grade 10, 11 and 12 students interested in the University of Calgary:
There will be a representative from the U of C coming to Moscrop tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 6th at lunch, to talk about the university’s different programs, admissions requirements, and more. There is no need to sign up – just come to the library TOMORROW at lunch.
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2018
Location: Moscrop Secondary School
Time: 6:15 – 6:40 pm……… Learning Support Services presentation
6:45 – 7:20 pm……… Course Selection Presentation (Large gym)
7:20 – 8:15 pm……… Department Displays/School Tours (L Gym)
*Optional school tours available during department displays (leaving every 5 minutes) for any parents interested. Meet at the display table labelled “TOURS” beside the Leadership table. Topics included in presentations: courses/programs; course selection, support for students.
You are invited to attend the 4th annual Project Pulse Vancouver conference. For more info go to this website: project, pulse.org.
- Date: February 24, 2018
- Location: Blusson Hall and Saywell Hall, Simon Fraser University
- Time: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Early Bird Ticket Price: $15 (until Jan 20)
Do you speak French and English fluently? Are you interested in attending a university in the Ottawa area? If so, the House of Commons Page Program may be for you! House of Commons Pages are selected from high schools across Canada every year. These students work in the House of Commons as a page for one full year (e.g. August 2018 to August 2019) while studying at a university in the Ottawa area. If you are interested in this program or have more questions, please see your counsellor, or visit www.parl.gc.ca/hocpage. This year’s deadline for application is December 4, 2017.
Info sessions happening at Moscrop this month:
- Nov 7 @ 6:45pm in Multipurpose Room UBC and SFU
- Nov 8 @ lunch in library SFU Beedie School of Business
- Nov 16 @ 1:45pm in library University of Toronto (sign up in 317)
- Nov 20 @ 12:45-1:45pm in library McGill University (sign up in 317)
- Nov 23 @10:00-11:30am in small gym Post-Secondary Info Day (local colleges/universities are here; no sign-ups required)
- Nov 28 8:40-9:40am in library University of Alberta (sign up in 317)
- Nov 30 @ lunch in library UBC Sauder School of Business
Info Sessions happening outside of Moscrop:
THE FOLLOWING POST-SECONDARY INSTITUTION VISITS TO MOSCROP HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED (MORE TO COME, STAY TUNED!)
- October 13 @ lunch in library – SFU Applied Sciences
- October 31 @ 1:45pm in library – Western University (sign up in 317 in advance)
- Nov 7 @ 6:45pm in Multipurpose Room – UBC and SFU
- Nov 8 @ lunch in library – SFU Beedie School of Business
- Nov 16 @ 1:45pm in library – University of Toronto (sign up in room 317 two days in advance)
- Nov 20 @ 12:45-1:45pm in library: McGill University (sign up in room 317 by Nov 16)
- November 23 @10:00-11:30am in small gym: Post-Secondary Info Day (local colleges/universities are here; no sign-ups required)
- November 30 @ lunch in library – UBC Sauder School of Business
- TBA – Emily Carr
UPCOMING POST-SECONDARY INFO SESSIONS (OUTSIDE OF MOSCROP):
An Introduction to the Ivy League + Stanford is a presentation for all students and parents interested in learning about the process of applying to ivy leagues universities in the U.S. This presentation will take place on Tuesday, October 17 @ 7:00pm at Saint Georges School, 4175 West 29th Ave, Vancouver. RSVP at https://key.admissions.upenn.edu/register/vancouver2017
GRADE 12 STUDENTS: Have you applied yet for college? If not, you should know that most colleges are open for online application in October. In fact, Langara and Douglas College open on October 1 for applications for September 2018. Colleges operate on a “First Come – First Served” basis, so early application is very important. Applying early means you secure an earlier course registration date in June. Even if you plan to attend university it is a good idea to apply to one college this fall as a back up to your university application. Any questions, please see your counsellor.
Welcome back to school! And congratulations on finding our Student Services Blog! This is where you’ll be able to find updates on upcoming events, post-secondary information, special presentations from visiting guest speakers, and reminders about special events and application deadlines. And if you have any questions throughout the year, come and see one of the counsellors in Student Services (room 317). -Moscrop’s Counsellors
It’s an exciting time of year for senior students who are considering options for themselves after graduation. Did you know that Burnaby CCE offers diploma programs similar to those offered at colleges such as Vancouver Community College, Douglas College, Langara College, etc. Burnaby CCE programs are recognized by regulatory bodies, associations and employers. 95% of grads find employment in the field within 6 months of graduation.
Here is a sample of some of the programs that are offered: Early Childhood Education – starts Sept 5, 2017
Medical Office Assistant – starts Sept 13, 2017
Health Care Assistant – starts Sept 25, 2017
Dental Office Administration – starts Sept 14, 2017
Therapeutic Recreation Aide – starts Sept 18, 2017
Landscape Horticulturist Apprenticeship Levels 1 & 2 – starts Jan 2018
Makeup Artistry – starts Sept 26, 2017
Details can be found at http://www.burnabycce.ca/certificates/
If you are interested in learning more about the diploma/certificate programs offered by Burnaby CCE, contact: Linda VanderHeide, Program Coordinator, Burnaby Community & Continuing Education tel: 604-296-6932 extension 663001