On June 2, 12 Australian universities will host a fair at UBC Robson Square, from 11am – 3pm. Students can learn more about studying their undergraduate degree in Australia. There will also be an information session with CIBC about financing, and a session with Canadian students who have completed their degree in Australia and have since returned to Canada. Information for this event can be found here: https://study.oztrekk.com/june-2019/
Author Archives: vancico
The Vancouver International Universities Fair 2019, a free event for students from grades 9 – 12, is taking place at the Vancouver Convention Centre (West) this Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 1 – 4pm.
This is an opportunity for students and parents to meet one-on-one with top universities from across Canada, the United States and the world. For more info: https://www.nacacfairs.org/attend/international-universities-fair/vancouver-international-universities-fair/#tab_InformationSessions
The University of Toronto will be hosting an event in Vancouver for prospective undergraduate students and their families:
Saturday, April 13, 2019
9:30 AM until 11:30 AM
Vancouver Convention Centre East, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
Students can register online at: uoft.me/vancouver-2019
|BCIT is hosting an information session on March 13 for students interested in engineering. From electrical to mechanical, and mining to marine, our engineering programs can help transform students’ affinity for solutions-based design into a career that lets them do what they love.
Programs covered include: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mining and Mineral Resource Engineering, and more. For the full list of programs covered, visit here.
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: BCIT Burnaby Campus, Building SE2, Room 212A/B
Find out if trades training is a fit for you: Wednesday, Feb 27th, 10am – 1:00pm
Students in grades 9 -12 are invited to VCC’s Broadway campus for a morning of hands-on learning. Explore careers in Transportation Trades, Technology, Design, Hospitality, and Hair and Esthetics, while being led through activities and projects.
Please note that this event is for high school students only. Students must register for this event, and must be accompanied by an adult. Once registered, more information will be emailed about location, time and what to expect at VCC Try-A-Trade 2019.
Location: VCC Broadway Campus, 1155 E. Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Wednesday, November 28th: Capilano University’s annual Open House, 5:30-8:00pm
Friday, November 30th: University of Alberta is at Moscrop @ lunch in library
Saturday, December 1st: UBC’s Early Admission and Major Entrance Scholarship deadline.
Monday, December 3rd:
- SFU’s Early Admission and Major Entrance Scholarship deadline
- House of Commons Page Program application deadline (for French Immersion students)
Tuesday, December 4th: McGill University (Montreal) is at Moscrop at lunch in library.
Moscrop students interested in learning more about the University of Alberta’s programs, admission and the application process are invited to the UofA Advising Session:
Sunday, November 25, 2018 @ Vancouver Public Library (350 West Georgia, Vancouver). Sign up online at: uab.ca/advising
BCIT is having its annual BIG INFO SESSION on November 14th at the BCIT Campus (across the street on Willingdon). This is the largest program expo and information session at BCIT, and it only happens once a year. Students can get their questions answered by faculty and current students from over 300 programs – all in one place. So if you’re thinking of taking a program at BCIT in the future, or you want more info about all the different programs offered at BCIT, don’t miss out !
UNIVERSITY INFO SESSIONS HELD AT MOSCROP:
- Monday, October 22nd @ 1:00-1:40pm (Library) Western University
- Tuesday, October 23rd @ lunch (Library) UVic Commerce
- Thursday, October 25th @ lunch (Library) SFU
- Friday, October 26th @ lunch (Library) Emily Carr
- Tuesday, October 30th @ 1:45pm (MPR) University of Toronto
- Friday, November 2nd @ lunch (Library) University of Victoria
- Tuesday, November 6th @ 6:30pm (MPR) UBC and SFU
- Thursday;, November 15th @ lunch (Library) SFU – Applied Sciences
- Friday, November 16th @ lunch (Library) UBC Sauder School of Business
- Friday, November 30th @ lunch (Library) University of Alberta
Plus, November 22nd (2nd Period, Small Gym): Post-Secondary Institution Day (PSI). This is a great opportunity to meet with representatives and get info from most of our local colleges & universities (e.g. SFU, BCIT, UVic, Capilano University, Douglas College, Langara College..)
POST-SECONDARY INFO SESSIONS OUTSIDE OF MOSCROP:
- Oct 24 @ 3-6pm: Vancouver Community College Open House, Broadway campus
- Nov 4 – 8th: McGill University – register for info sessions in Lower Mainland at McGill in Mind at mcgillinmind.mcgill.ca (click on “Events”)
- Nov 14 @ 4:30-7:30pm: BCIT Big Info Session -RSVP online: https://www.bcit.ca/infosessions/
- Nov 17: Discover Pharmacy Day at UBC, Pharmaceutical Sciences Bldg. For more info and to register by Nov 7: event webpage.
- Nov 28 @ 5:30-8:00pm: Capilano University Open House, 6-8:30pm, Birch Building Atrium, North Van. RSVP https://www.capilanou.ca/future/visit-cap/Explore-Capilano/
- Nov 25: University of Alberta @ Vancouver Public Library (downtown). To book a general or faculty-specific advising session: uab.ca/advising
- Dec 4: University of Victoria @ Executive Plaza Hotel (Coquitlam)
- May 5 @1-4pm: NACAC International Universities Fair @ Vancouver Convention Centre. Colleges/universities from the USA and around the world
- TBD: Langara College and Douglas College – check websites for dates and to sign up. Info sessions are already being scheduled for specific programs.
There will be an information session at the Delta Hotel by Marriott Burnaby Conference Centre next month. This is for anyone interested in learning more about Concordia University, its services, programs, the city of Montreal, and more! The session will take place on Wednesday November 7th from 6:00-7:30 PM and students are encourage to register here: https://www.concordia.ca/admissions/recruitment/recruitmentevents.html#bc