We would like to acknowledge and thank The Coast Salish People, The Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish on whose traditional territories we teach, learn and live.
The Indigenous success team at Burnaby Central Secondary provides enhanced programming and services to Indigenous students and their families. Our enhanced services are intended to create pathways to success and support for each and every Indigenous student within our school.
School based services include, but are not limited to:
- Cultural programming and enhancements
- Academic tracking and enhancements
- Access to specialized programming from Indigenous Youth Engagement worker
- Access to individualized services from Secondary Indigenous Success Teacher
- One to one services for parents and students
- Special field trips
- Access to specialized scholarship and post-secondary information
- Access to special school based and District events
For more information regarding Indigenous Success Programs and Services at Burnaby Central Secondary please contact:
Indigenous Youth Engagement Worker –
Indigenous Success Teacher – Bryan Dunse
School Counsellor – Becky Lawrence
School Administrator – Daryl Goeson
District Student Enhancement Teacher – Mary Hotomanie – email@example.com
For more information, please visit Indigenous Education in Burnaby Schools.