Since it was incorporated in 1892, Burnaby has produced many fine athletes. The Burnaby Sports Hall of Fame was formed in 2001 to honour Burnaby’s past athletic excellence. The Hall also encourages future excellence in athletics, academics and sportsmanship by offering $1,000 scholarships to a male athlete and a female athlete from Burnaby.
• A graduating Grade 12 student enrolled at a B.C. secondary school (public or private). Priority will be given to those attending school in Burnaby
• A resident of Burnaby for at least the past three years
• Future plans to attend a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis
• Show evidence of high athletic ability and performance
• Maintain a minimum of a C+ average (a copy of the most recent transcript must be included)
• Demonstrated leadership
• Be active in school and community
Application form is available HERE.
Application is due April 15th, 2019.