Are you often described as a leader, an achiever, or an innovator? Do you have limitless drive, ambition, and determination? If so, there’s an opportunity to receive a $25,000 prize towards your post-secondary education.
Founded in 2016, the STEAM Horizon Awards invite Canada’s youth to promote positive changes throughout their community using science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM).
Winners will be awarded a $25,000 prize for their post-secondary education. Two of the five prizes will go to Indigenous youth. The prizes will be funded by the Ingenium Foundation, alongside a group of award sponsors. We are confident that these recipients will act as role models and ambassadors for future STEAM generations.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada
- Must be between 16 and 18 years old at the time of application
- Must be recognized for STEAM-related accomplishments in a formal or informal way
- Must be maintaining a minimum academic average of 85%
- Must either be preparing to enroll in Fall 2019, or currently enrolled, in their first year of post-secondary education. The enrolment must be in a STEAM field in Canada
*Art and design fields will only be accepted if they are integrated in science and technology.
Application form is HERE.
Website information is HERE.
Applications are due Wednesday, January 16th, 2019.