To help promote the study of Chinese language and culture in British Columbia, the British Columbia Ministry of Education and the Education Office of the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver have partnered to jointly fund scholarship awards for B.C. students.
The BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese offers up to fifty (50) $500 Awards for B.C. students studying Chinese. Each Award is jointly funded by the B.C. Ministry of Education ($250) and the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver ($250).
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in British Columbia
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2019)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in British Columbia
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in British Columbia with a minimum course grade of 86 % – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a grade of 73% and above in all completed Grade 11 courses
Application due March 1, 2019.