Schulich Leader Scholarships are prestigious entrance scholarships awarded to high school graduates enrolling in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programs at our 20 Canadian partner universities.
50 Schulich Scholarships are awarded each year:
- 25 at $100,000 for engineering
- 25 at $80,000 for science, technology or mathematics
Who is eligible to apply?
- Graduate high school or Cégep in the 2018/19 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Plan to enroll in STEM at one of our partner universities (there are 20 in Canada)
- Meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Leadership (community, business or entrepreneurial)
- Financial need
- Planning to pursue a career in technology, innovation, engineering, or scientific research
- Not planning a career as a medical practitioner or in medical research
How do you apply?
Submit an application package with the information below to Ms. Falsetto. Based on the information you provide, the Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee will nominate one student.
- indicate which universities you wish to attend
- indicate your top three achievements (academic or other)
- submit a 600 word essay demonstrating why you should win
- submit an optional 250 word essay outline extenuating circumstances
- submit a short answer to identify where you see yourself in 10 years
- submit two single-page letters o reference that include email and telephone contact information for verification
- submit a copy of up-to-date transcript
Deadline to apply to the Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee is Monday, January 21, 2019. The official deadline to apply to the Schulich Foundation is Wednesday, January 30th, 2019.
More application information is available HERE.
Schulich website is HERE.
Last year, a Burnaby Mountain student won a Schulich award. Go Burnaby! I hope you apply for this award. Please contact me with any questions.