The Association of School Transportation Services of British Columbia (ASTSBC) will award a scholarship to eligible student(s) attending an educational facility in the Province of British Columbia for the express purpose of attaining certification as a Commercial Heavy Duty Mechanic. The Association will sponsor a maximum of four (4) students at any one time.
Eligibility Criteria for the ASTSBC Scholarship:
The applicant must:
- a) be registered at an approved (authorized or certified) British Columbia educational facility;
- b) have a minimum GPA of 3.5;
- c) be a Canadian citizen;
- d) submit a complete, up-to-date, official high school transcript from Grade 12 or proof of equivalency;
- e) complete and submit the Scholarship Application, which includes 2 essays to be written by the applicant.
Question 1: Describe the importance of a Commercial Heavy-Duty Mechanic as it relates to the Kindergarten to Grade 12 educational system.
Question 2: What do you think is the greatest advancement in the various technologies used in heavy-duty vehicles over the last 10 years?
Please submit applications by June 30 or December 31.
For more information and application form, click HERE.
If you have any questions, please email to email@example.com with “ASTSBC Scholarship” in subject line.