Are you planning to attend BCIT?
SELECTION COMMITTEE CRITERIA GUIDELINES
- The School District selection committee will select the BCIT Pathway to Success Award Recipient(s).
- Selected students must meet or exceed the program’s entrance requirements. BCIT entrance requirements are program specific. For further information visit bcit.ca.
- Students must have applied to a full time first year technology, technical studies, or trade program (excluding Apprentice) and have a BCIT student number before being considered for an award.
- The School Districts will keep all original award selection documents and send a photocopy of their selected recipients BCIT Pathway to Success Award application.
- The award offer is subject to the student receiving full acceptance into a full-time BCIT program. Should the student(s) not gain full acceptance or not register for a full time program, the award will automatically be withdrawn.AWARD-SPECIFIC INFORMATIONSelection is based on demonstrated leadership skills and/or additional responsibilities. Examples are: Leadership training/courses
Volunteer and/or community service
Captain/president of sports team or group
Involvement in extracurricular activities
Plays a major role in supporting their family, nancially or otherwise Letter of recommendation from school district
More details are HERE.
Application form is HERE.
Application deadline for students: April 1, 2018