Apply for the “Adventures in Forestry & Environment” program!
Travel to Prince George.
Launched in 1990, the Adventure in Forestry & Environment program annually introduces 20 to 30 high school students to the wide variety of careers that, the forest and environmental industries have to offer. From seed to sawdust, the Adventure in Forestry and Environmental Studies program is a unique, fun packed and fast paced way to learn about these industries. Not only are participants able to work side by side with and ask questions of industry professionals, students participate in a variety of tours and learn about related programs the University of Northern British Columbia and the College of New Caledonia offer. This program incorporates the latest technology providing new and innovative techniques with first hand, on site experiences. Program participant’s are eligible to compete for a Bursary offered by the Prince George Rotary Club
Dates: May 23 – 27, 2018 | Travel Dates: May 23 & 27 | Location: Prince George, BC
For more information about Rotary and the Adventure program visit http://www.RotaryBurnaby.org under Youth Services.
- Be a Grade 11 or 12 student between 15-18 years of age on January 1
- Provide a max. 1 page double spaced typed Statement of Interest as to why you wish to attend
- Provide a character reference from one of your teachers
- Submit the following application form, along with the Statement of Interest and Character Reference by January 19, 2018
The application form is HERE.
- Each High School will select one candidate to be interviewed by the Rotary Club of Burnaby
- Date of Interview: January 30, 2018 between 12:30pm and 3:30pm (details to follow)
- Candidates from each high school will be interviewed by representatives of the Rotary Club of Burnaby
- Interviews should last approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Candidates should have an understanding of Rotary and its priorities
Please see Ms. Falsetto with any questions.