To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduating high school with plans to enter a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2018 or must be CEGEP students planning to pursue a university education
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a degree at a post-secondary institution (in Quebec a three year vocational program or a two year preparatory program followed by a university degree are acceptable)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada
- Be Canadian citizens
Details on the website HERE.
Deadline is October 25, 2017.