The Union of National Employees’ (UNE) high school scholarships are designed to highlight union principles, as well as promote the union and the labour movement in a positive way. The scholarships aim to create awareness of this union within high schools and provide financial assistance to worthy students. This initiative will encourage youth to become more involved in union activity or social justice activities.
Here is the criteria:
- A Scholarship is offered to a high school student in each of the Union of National
- This scholarship is intended for full-time or part-time study at a post-secondary
- Applicants must submit a completed application form to the Union of National
Employees no later than March 31. They must also submit a 1200 to 1500-word
essay detailing how the union movement has helped to build the social values that
Canadians hold dear.
- In reviewing essays, passion, content and knowledge of the subject matter are part of the evaluation criteria.
- The scholarships will be awarded in each of the Union of National Employees
- Recipients must provide proof of registration before a cheque will be released to
For more information on application guidelines & awards click here
The application form can be found on this website
Please ensure that the criteria is met and application form is completed correctly.
Deadline March 31, 2016