This scholarship is being phased out. The final allocation will be to high school graduates in the 2015/16 school year.
For the 2015/16 school year 5,020 B.C. high school graduates who have received the highest provincial exam scores in Grades 10-12 are eligible to receive scholarship vouchers to use towards their post-secondary tuition.
Qualifying for a Graduation Program Examinations Scholarship
A student will receive a $1250 Examinations Scholarship if the student:
- Meets basic eligibility requirements
- Fulfills the B.C. graduation requirements of either the 2004 Graduation Program or the Adult Graduation Program
- Meets all the following requirements:
- Writes and passes one exam in each of five (5) provincial exam categories from grades 10 – 12.
- Achieves at least a “B” (73% or above) final mark (provincial exam and school mark combined) in one of the Language Arts 12 (Communications 12, English 12, Français langue premiere 12, or English 12 First Peoples).
- Must have a final course mark (course and exam combined) for the provincial exam to be counted towards scholarship
- Ranks among the top 5000 Grade 12 students in B.C. (based on their percentage score) on all five provincial exams.
Students cannot receive both a Graduation Program Examinations Scholarship and a BC Achievement Scholarship.