Welcome

Welcome to the Brentwood Park Counselling Blog. First of all, I will introduce myself. My name is Jolene Carlsen and I am the school counsellor at Brentwood Park. This is my first year at Brentwood Park and I am looking forward to getting to know the community. I have been a teacher in the Burnaby School District for the past 18 years and I have a passion for supporting children and families. I have two sons and a husband at home. My eldest is in grade 8 and my youngest is in grade 5. We also have a 135 pound Leonberger who is a gentle giant. I love to travel, read, and spend time in the outdoors. I am really looking forward to getting to know all of the wonderful members of the Brentwood Park Elementary School community. This blog will be used as a way to share information that pertains to counselling topics and mental health in general. I hope that it will be helpful for teachers, parents, and students. If you have any questions, the easiest way to contact me is by email: jolene.carlsen@burnabyschools.ca.