Workshops for a New Year – Burnaby Science

Workshops for a New Year

| Posted in Science Instruction

Grade 3-4 students at Lakeview design containers to minimize heat loss by radiation.

I’ll be hosting a series of workshops in the new year focused on exploring the new curriculum from an inquiry lens.  You can sign up for one or for all 5.  The series kicks of with a look at Energy–and we will see how the curriculum builds from Kindergarten to Gr 7, and how you can use simple hands on experiences to get your students engaged in science and learning the curricular competencies. Here is a poster for more information Science After School Sessions Spring 2018.  Sign up on the staff development calendar.

Argument Driven Inquiry

Do you want to increase the ability of your students to read, write and discuss scientific ideas and processes? Consider using some of these Argument Driven Inquiry resources.  This is an excellent way to get more critical thinking and communication out of  lab activities.  The linked resource goes through the 8 steps of ADI, and then there are specific labs to cover all disciplines of science.

If you are interested in trying out Argument Driven Inquiry, send me an e-mail, as I have a few titles that I’m willing to lend out: donna.morgan@sd41.bc.ca