November

Did you know that November 13 is World Kindness Day?  Canada is a member of the International World Kindness Movement.  If you are looking for ideas to help spread kindness, check out the Random Acts of Kindness website:

Random Acts of Kindness

November is also the month in which we honour “Canadians who have put their lives on the line in the cause of peace and freedom around the world.”  For more information, history and ways to honour those who have served our country, go to…

Remembrance – Veterans 

Teachers can find many Remembrance Day resources HERE.

Ms. Taylor

Roald Dahl Day!

Hey everyone, September 13th is Roald Dahl Day!  Read a Roald Dahl book…my favourite is “Matilda”.  Roald Dahl would have turned 100 this year…

Its strange, my older sister’s birthday is the same day as Roald Dahl, mine is the same day as Dr. Seuss and my younger sister’s birthday is the same day as Tamora Pierce (I just ordered some of her books for the library).

Do you share a birthdate with a children’s author?

Ms. Taylor

Heron Cam

Click on the image below to go to the Stanley Park Heron Cam.  This is a live camera on the heron nests near Stanley Park.  The icon in the bottom right-hand corner allows the viewer to change the angle of the camera (you may have to wait for your turn).

Screen shot 2015-04-25 at 10.00.48 AM