Youth Train/Work in Trades
The Youth Train in Trades and Youth Work in Trades programs are open to students in Grade 11 or 12. All programs include a combination of course work and work experience leading to graduation and recognized industry certification.
All programs are considered “Dual-Credit” Programs, as students receive graduation credits, PLUS Industry credits. Students will also acquire Work-Based Training hours credited towards apprenticeship requirements.
If you are interested in applying for any of the programs below, you should submit a completed Application Package to the Burnaby Central Career Centre in Room B211 and hand it in to our Advisor Ms. Holly Keon. Students will also go through an interview with the Career & Transitions Program Consultant and teacher.
More information is available on the District’s Career Education website.
- Automotive Collision Repair Technician (VCC)
- Auto Refinishing Prep Technician (VCC)
- Automotive Service Technician (Cariboo Hill Secondary)
- Carpenter (Cariboo Hill)
- Electrician (Construction) (Burnaby Mountain Secondary)
- Hairstylist (Alpha Secondary)
- Professional Cook (Burnaby Central Secondary)
- Baker (Pastry Arts) (VCC)
- Metal Fabricator (BCIT)
- Painter & Decorator (Commercial) (Finishing Trades Institute)
- Pipefitter (Annacis Island)
- Plumber (Annacis Island)
- Computer Networking Technician (Burnaby South Secondary)
- Fitness Instructor (Burnaby South Secondary)
- Hotel & Event Management (Burnaby Mountain Secondary)
- Film & Broadcast (Burnaby North Secondary)
- Graphics/Media Arts (Byrne Creek Secondary)
- Health Sciences (Moscrop Secondary)
- Robotics (Mechatronics) (Alpha Secondary)
- Music Production & Technology (Burnaby North Secondary)