Laptop Cart 3 Update…It’s HERE (Sort of)!

As you may or may not have noticed over the last couple of days, there has been an appearance of our third laptop cart in the Library. 

It however, is not ready to be booked just yet.  I’m told there is a software issue (that will be VERY annoying and essentially pointless to book the cart) until it is fixed.  As well, the devices need to be numbered and serial numbers recorded.  

Having said this, you might have also noticed that the carts themselves look a bit different.  I’ve tried to “tidy” them up and keep them a bit more organized (the communication book, the laminated instructions, and the colour coding signs/keys).  All of this is- in my hopes- to make everyones lives easier in a multitude of ways.  The first and most important being charging/storing of the carts.  The Laptop carts need to be plugged into specific outlets that can handle the amount of charge these carts need.  Please take the extra 15 seconds to a) make sure your cart is plugged in (and in the proper outlet) and b) to make sure you’re tucking the carts as close to the wall/counter and in an orderly fashion…. after all we are sharing the workspace with others!

Thanks, and keep the requests coming for any tech integration or new collaborative ideas you might have coming! So far, it’s been great getting around to help some staff.