Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions that are not answered here
How can I help my child with Homework?
Some hints to help your child with their Languages homework
A question we often get from parents is how do I support my child with French homework or homework in the language of their choice?
Hopefully, these hints will help:
Create a learning space
- set up a quiet space that limits distractions
- create a schedule with your child to develop a homework routine
- time management is an important skill to develop- use a calendar, agenda, or a checklist
Make Connections by asking questions:
- ask your child to explain what the assignment is about; how it connects to what is happening in class and then make connections to family or community life
- ask your child about learning strategies being taught and used n the classroom and offer reminders of their use in the classroom. Strategies often include; activating prior knowledge, expressing main ideas, asking questions and locating facts, sequencing events, summarizing key points, and visualizing
Suggest and Use Support Resources
- sharing some go to websites, online tools can make a difference and save time on researching, writing and editing
- help your child consider multiple sources and ask such questions as to who is providing this information and why? Is it reliable source?
- Encourage your child to exchange contact numbers with friends from class so they can speak to each to potentially help review together
- Communicate with other parents and the teacher to exchange ideas, challenges, and support each other
French Homework sites:
General Languages help sites (including French)
Concours d’art Oratoire – Please see your French teacher to help you to prepare.