Industry Certification Programs – Burnaby offers 5 unique programs that provide students the opportunity to earn graduation credits, post-secondary credits and industry certification. Some of these programs include 120 hours of work experience.
- Learn about the computer service industry, manage, repair, and troubleshoot system environments/computer hardware, CCNA Discovery certification exam preparation
- Possible credit with BCIT – Computer Information Systems Technician Program
Fitness Instructor – Burnaby South / every morning (1 year)
- Earn graduation credits, certification as a fitness instructor, and possible credit in the Sport Science department at Douglas College.
- Focus on Group Exercise or Weight Training, CPR, Emergency 1st Aid, BC Parks and Rec Fitness Leader Certification
Hotel & Event Management – Burnaby Mountain / PM – Mon, Tues, Thurs. / 12:30-3:40 (1 year)
- Complete courses and 3 certifications developed by the American Hotel & Lodging Assoc.
- Supervision in Hospitality Industry, Convention Management, Hospitality Today
- Complete Food Safe, Serving It Right and WorldHost Fundamentals Certifications
- Possible credit with Douglas College Hotel & Restaurant Mgmt Diploma Program
- New Sept 2018 – Outline
- Learn how to keep a network safe from Cyber attacks – learn about firewall installation, antivirus software and anti-spyware.
- New Sept 2018
- Open to students who attend Cariboo Secondary full-time
- Cariboo students will have the opportunity to become a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint. Students will receive certification.
- Why get certified? Certifications give you a professional edge by providing globally recognised industry endorsed evidence of skills mastery, demonstrating your abilities and willingness to embrace new technologies.
- Demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office by earning a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in a specific Office program. Holding a MOS certification can earn an entry-level business employee as much as $16,000 more in annual salary than uncertified peers.*
- * Anderson, Cushing, and John F. Gantz. Skills Requirements for Tomorrow’s Best Jobs: Helping Educators Provide Students with Skills and Tools They Need. IDC/Microsoft. October 2013.