Industry Connect Programs –
Burnaby offers 5 unique Industry Connect Programs that prepares students for Post Secondary programs + entry level work. Student learn hands on skills and students develop a portfolio of their work. Each program includes 120 hours of work experience.
|Film & Broadcast – Burnaby North / Day 1’s – PM Period 3 and 4 / 12:30 -4:15 (1 year)
- Gain practical on-set experience in class and in the real world
- Writing for TV, newscasts, and film, learn shooting & editing of HDV
- Possible preferred acceptance to BCIT Broadcast & Media Communications Program
|Graphics/Media Arts – Byrne Creek / 3 afternoons per week / 12:50 – 4:00 (1 year)
- Obtain experience & knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Flash MX,
and Pro Tools sound editing
- First half of the course is project based, second half of the course – students work on self directed art projects with teacher support
- This can lead to opportunities in fields such as graphic design, photography, web design and video and film production.
|Health Sciences – Moscrop / 3 afternoons per week / Mon, Tues, Thurs 12:50-4:00 (1 year)
- Discover a career path to Health careers, apply classroom human biology at BCIT
- Participate in simulations and learn about diabetes, heart disease and cancer diagnosis
- Learn about BCIT’s various health science programs
- Participate in work experience (Wed, Fri afternoons, or weekends) with Burnaby General Hospital or other Health Science work placements
- Earn Biology 12, Health Sciences 12A, Health Sciences 12B
|Mechatronics (Robotics)– Alpha / Day 1’s-PM Period 3and 4 / 12:30-4:00 (1 year)
- Learn about various areas within the field of robotics and automation.
- Program covers aspects of drafting, electronic theory, design and fabrication of Vex Robotics
- Programming in (Robotics C, Arduino, G Code)
|Music Production & Technology – Burnaby North / Day 1’s – PM Period 3 and 4 / 12:30 – 4:15 (1 year)
- Prepares students for live studio recording and engineering or working in post-production facilities
- Possible preferred acceptance to Douglas College Music Technology Certificate Program