Industry Connect Programs –
Burnaby offers 6 unique Industry Connect Programs that prepares students for Post Secondary programs + entry level work. Student learn hands on skills and students develop a portfolio of their work. Each program includes 120 hours of work experience.
|Film & Broadcast – Burnaby North / Day 1’s – PM Period 3 and 4 / 12:30 -4:15 (1 year)
|Graphics/Media Arts – Byrne Creek / 3 afternoons per week / 12:50 – 4:00 (1 year)
- Obtain experience & knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Flash MX,
and Pro Tools sound editing
- First half of the course is project based, second half of the course – students work on self directed art projects with teacher support
- This can lead to opportunities in fields such as graphic design, photography, web design and video and film production.
- Video – Graphic Designer
- Labour Market Outlook: Graphic Art Technician, Painters Sculptors and other visual artists, Graphic Designers and Illustrators,
Health Sciences – Moscrop / 3 afternoons per week / (1 year)
|Mechatronics (Robotics)– Alpha / Day 1’s-PM Period 3and 4 / 12:30-4:00 (1 year)
|Music Production & Technology – Burnaby North / Day 1’s – PM Period 3 and 4 / 12:30 – 4:15 (1 year)
DigiPen Gaming Development Academy – Cariboo Secondary
- This program is offered to students who attend Cariboo full-time
- Students have the option of enrolling in up to five courses. One class is offered at grade 8, one at grade 9, and four classes at grade 10-12.
- Video – Software Engineer Burnaby
- Labour Market Outlook