We are pleased to announce that the following Entrance Awards are available to students who are planning to attend BCIT. The Entrance Awards recognize academic and non-academic achievements of students entering an eligible full-time BCIT program, including part-time and full-time Bachelor’s degrees. Up to 25 BCIT President’s Entrance Awards are available for current Secondary School students, valued up to $4,000 each.
We have attached a copy of our Entrance Awards package for your reference, as well as a poster to be placed where grade 12 students will see it. Copies of this package can also be downloaded directly from our web site at bcit.ca/finaid.
Entrance Awards Selection Criteria
All Entrance Awards are adjudicated on a competitive basis. Selection is based on academic standing in secondary school and/or post-secondary studies. Other factors may be taken into consideration such as participation in school activities, community involvement and demonstrated leadership qualities. Where applicable, these additional criteria are listed under the Award-specific Information section in entrance award descriptions. All BCIT Entrance Awards applicants are notified of decisions in writing.
Entrance Awards Eligibility Criteria
- must have applied for admission to BCIT and have been assigned a BCIT ID.
- must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- must commence full-time studies between April 1, 2016and March 31, 2017.
- must complete one BCIT entrance award application with all supporting documentation attached.
- entrance award application must be received at the Student Financial Aid and Awards office by 4 pm on the earliest deadline date of your selected entrance awards.
- must remain registered as a full-time student during the academic period for which an award is given.
- must maintain satisfactory academic standing during the academic period for which an award is given.
- if you are under disciplinary review or placed on a student performance contract you may be restricted from receiving an entrance award disbursement.
- Entrance awards are tenable only at BCIT and are not transferable.
- Entrance awards are not deferrable and must be accepted in the year in which they are awarded.
- Failure to adhere to all entrance award criteria will result in the award being revoked. At that time, you will have 30 days to repay the amount of the award in full.
Visit Room B102 to see all the scholarships available and find which one you are eligible for. Application forms can also be found in Room B102.
Deadline August 5, 2016 and January 6,2017