There are some books in the library that I just can’t keep on the shelf for very long, they are just so popular! The authors  of this week’s stories really know how to write a story that makes kids laugh.

These are all stories I have read in the library and they sure have been popular!  CLICK on the book and happy listening.

The Bad Seed: John, Jory, Oswald, Pete: 9780062467768: Books ...    Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie: Dean, James, Dean, Kimberly ...      Pig the Tourist: Blabey, Aaron, Blabey, Aaron: 9781443175678 ...

Here are some questions to think about as you listen to the story:

• What do you think makes these books so popular? Is it the word-choice, rhyming, storyline or illustrations? Or all of these things?
  • Do the main characters change the way they think or feel in the story? If yes, why do you think that’s important?
  • Do you have a favourite phrase or part of one of these stories? Why is it your favourite part?

INTERMEDIATE STUDENTS ON EPIC

I have started some collections based on books that have been super popular in the library.  Look at the titles below and click on a book cover to see a collection of similar books on EPIC! You will need an EPIC account to read these books.

Amulet #1: The Stonekeeper                  The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan                 

Do you have any other book suggestions for these collections? I would love to hear your ideas! You can share in the comments or send me an email: allyson.yee@burnabyschools.ca