Green Bricks is very pleased to offer to grade 10-12 students FREE participation in the 4th Annual Green Collar Futures Career Conference on Saturday February 18, 2017 at the Hilton Metrotown, Burnaby.
*Space is VERY LIMITED (and a school limit may apply) so students can register at http://www.greenbricks.ca/futures/register.php. Students MUST be registered by February 15, 2017 to attend this event but as it “sold out” last year we recommend registering as early as possible.
What do YOU want to BE when you finish school?
Explore your options on February 18, 2017 at this FREE green career conference for youth in grades 10-12.
The “green economy” is changing the face of the workplace in BC and around the world. This day is dedicated to students in grades 10 – 12 to learn about exciting and endless career opportunities. Futures is much more than a career fair as it allows you to interact with career mentors from various sustainability related careers who have excelled in and are passionate about their green careers.
This interactive career workshop will be offered free of charge to 150 young people in grade 10-12 and will allow participants the opportunity to:
• Meet and interact with amazing and successful people who will share their sustainability career paths in 5 breakout, roundtable sessions
• Learn about emerging sustainability career opportunities in BC and Internationally
• Listen to an inspirational keynote address from Dr. Nicholas Coops, UBC Professor and Canada Research Chair in Remote Sensing for forest productivity and conservation
• Meet the engaging green entrepreneur – founder of Abeego Designs Inc., Toni Desrosiers
• Find out what it takes to reach your goals
The conference will begin with an inspirational keynote address. The workshop will conclude with a wrap-up session and a chance for the participants to win prizes. Register early as space is very limited. For more information, visit http://www.greenbricks.ca/futures/index.php
This conference is made possible by the support of our event sponsors!
BC Hydro * Kane Consulting * Orr Development * D.Kelly Environmental * Retread Solutions * Green Bricks Member Donations *
Any further questions please connect with your counsellor in Student Services.