Our Library Mascot needs a name! He…or she… represents our library theme for the year: Reading is Magic! But our Reading Dragon needs a name! If you would like to name our Reading Dragon, here’s how:
Submit your very best creative story, poem, essay or video that features the Reading Dragon as the protagonist (main character). Our staff will select 6 finalists. Then, parents, teachers and students will be have a chance to vote in the library for their favourite name.
Deadlines for submissions are October 29th, 2015, so start writing! See below for the contest guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR THE “NAME OUR LIBRARY DRAGON” CONTEST:
– one entry per student please
– all entries need to include your name and division
– submissions may be in French or English
– contest open for all students, K-7
– quality over quantity: maximum of 500 words
– all formats are encouraged: prose, poetry, even video, BE CREATIVE!
– a total of 6 publications will be selected, 3 from primary and 3 from intermediate
– printed text must be neatly printed
– contest closes 3:15 pm on October 29th, 2015