This is a handy one pager North Vancouver School District created! Click below for the pdf.
Thank you to everyone who attended our Core Competency Workshop with Kelsey Keller. Below is a link to two of the posters she spoke about at the workshop. She also has a teacher pay teacher store:
Thank you to Kristin Visscher from Delta School District for these French Core Competency Posters! Click below!
I really like Jennifer Serravallo's reading conferences. Click on the link below to watch. Here's what I like:
- the students are all reading different books that they have chosen. (choice is key!)
- the students have built their stamina to be able to read this quietly - this doesn't happen right away - we need to explicitly teach it and goal set with our students to achieve this.
- the conferences are strength based. She is noticing what each reader is doing well, and is setting goals for each reader based on where that learner is.
- this reading block is differentiated. Students are working on different things, based on where they are in their learning.
- a love of reading is being nurtured in this environment, and isn't that what we really want, at the end of the day?
We are excited to have Kelsey Keller return to our school district this year for her workshop on the core competencies! Kelsey is a teacher and consultant, who presents all over British Columbia on the revised curriculum, and has done extensive work on implementing the core competencies in her own classroom. She will provide us with new practical and manageable strategies you will be able to use in your classrooms right away! Attached is the poster. Sign up on the staff development calendar. I hope to see you there!
It's that time of year again! Our annual public speaking challenge will be held on March 14, at Byrne Creek Secondary School, in the Centre for Dialogue. We will begin at 6:30. Please click below for the programme.
Thank you to Lisa Conroy, from Chaffey-Burke, for sharing her Daily 5 self reflection sheet! Click below to receive the pdf.