From screen time to GREEN TIME!

Now that we are reconnecting @school again,  it’s time to reignite the playful spirit we held in childhood and explore the affordances of BEING OUTSIDE and learning together/apart.  One of my favourite sites is Megan Zeni’s, particularly Playful Learning Outside in June and her 10 Tips for Teaching Outside.  Here  you can also view a PADLET with many wonderful SEL/Outdoor cross curricular activities and project possibilities.

Thanks  also to Kristina Carley, who is our local B.Outside Environmental Educators Association (EEPSA) President, for compiling the following fantastic outdoor resources: EEPSA Weekly Teaching Tips

If, like me, you’re continuing to grow your “technological” as well as your “ecological’ and creative identity, consider playing outside with this provocation from  Reggio Children (Play and Learning in the Digital Age) taking photos outside and transforming them with the Photo Shop Mix app. You can cut out and remove sections of your images or merge multiple photos or seamlessly combine photos together to create fun or surreal images.

Here is my first attempt at layering a leaf over a succulent. The possibilities are endless!