We would like to congratulate all students and staff who were involved in our Literacy Week activities.
Senior Winner: Simon Worobey
Senior Runner-up: Trinity Sullivan
Junior Winner: Acacia Philcox
Junior Runner-up: Dimitrije Koprivica
Staff Winner: Ms. T. Hall
|Bookmark Contest winners are
– Saroj Shah in Grade 9
– Jolin Frias in Grade 9
– Angela Lu in Grade 9
– Yvonne Peng in Grade 10
January 9, 2017 to April 7, 2017
Winners and Prizes announced Wednesday April 12, 2017 during Literacy Week
The Cariboo Reads program is a school-wide reading initiative designed to inspire all students and staff in our school to read and talk about great books. With 12 titles in English, there is a range of topics and genres to interest all types of readers in our school community.
We want everyone to participate. Come down to the library and discover our Cariboo Reads display to start your reading journey. There are recommendations for both Junior (Grades 8 and 9) and Senior (Grades 10, 11, and 12) readers, but students are encouraged to try and read as many books as they can. So come on down to the library, sign out a Cariboo Reads title, read it and return it for someone else to enjoy. There is a limit of one Cariboo Reads book per student. Please see Ms. Kawas or Mrs. Ho in the library for more information.
This year’s titles include:
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- When Morning Comes by Arushi Raina
- Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Perez
- The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Burnaby-wide Secondary Reads)
- Takedown by Allison van Diepen
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
- The Nest by Kenneth Oppel
- We are all Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
- 250 Hours by Colleen Nelson
Whatever is beautiful,
Whatever is meaningful,
Whatever brings you happiness…
May it be yours this Holiday Season
and throughout the coming year!
From the Cariboo Library Staff!