CGTrader Scholarship for Technology – $2000
CGTrader is one of the world’s leading 3D model platforms.
Scholarship essay topic and deadline:
Topic for this year: “Our life on a spaceship: the future of mankind”.
Deadline: December 14, 2018
The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while two runners-up will receive $500 each. All information and eligibility requirements can be found here: https://www.cgtrader.com/scholarships
The Vietnamese Cultural Society of Surrey is offering $300 bursaries to Vietnamese students.
Click below for more information and an application form:
Vietnamese Bursary 2018
Attention Scholarship Winners!
Please don’t forget to write a note of thank-you to the person or organization responsible for funding your scholarship. It’s important to recognize their generosity.
If you need contact information, come and see Ms. McChesney in room 325.
Dogwood scholarships of $1250 are offered by the provincial government to graduating students at Alpha who have demonstrated achievement in one of the following areas:
- Indigenous Languages and Culture, demonstrated at school or in the community
- Fine Arts (including Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, and Music)
- Applied Skills (including Business Ed, Technology Ed, and Home Economics)
- Physical Activity (including Athletics, Dance, and Gymnastics)
- International Languages
- Community Service (Volunteer Activity), which includes demonstration of local and global issues and cultural awareness
- Technical and Trades Training (including Carpentry, Automotive, Robotics, Mechanics, and Cook Training)
If you think you might qualify, please see Ms. McChesney in room 325 before Monday June 4th! There is a very simple and easy form you will need to fill out to qualify for the award.
Deadline for Submissions: May 31
The Italian Cultural Centre has established four Scholarships to be granted annually to four Grade 12 students residing in Metro Vancouver. One of the applicant’s parents must be of Italian heritage, and as well a member of the Italian Cultural Centre Society. The applicant will plan to attend a post-secondary institution where he or she must also be prepared to pursue Italian-language course work. Each scholarship is worth $500.00. Consideration will be given to both male and female applicants.
The completed application form, a letter of reference, and a copy of the most recent report card must be submitted to Edda Onesti, ICC Italian School Administrator by May 31. Prior to being awarded the scholarship money, the recipient must provide evidence of his or her enrollment in a post-secondary institution.
Tony Marzitelli Memorial Scholarship Fund
Deadline for Submission: May 31
Tony Marzitelli served on the Board of Directors of the Italian Cultural Centre for 17 years until his unexpected passing in 2010. Tony Marzitelli was an avid sports fan, but also valued the importance of community involvement and post-secondary education.
In memory of Tony Marzitelli, the Marzitelli family has established an annual $500.00 scholarship fund to reward a worthy graduating student with an opportunity to assist in the pursuit of their academic dreams.
Geraldo Donato Vertone Scholarship
Deadline for submission: November 30
The goal of the Geraldo Donato Vertone Scholarship is to give any student with the desire to further his/her education an equal opportunity to do so. We recognize that academic achievement is important, however we consider effort and genuine desire to learn just as essential. It is a combination of these two elements that ultimately leads to success. The Geraldo Donato Vertone Scholarship is open to any student who is willing to work hard toward his/her education. It is that effort we hope to reward.
Attention Grade 12’s!
If you have been offered scholarships, bursaries, or awards, this is your last chance to let the school know. Come and see Ms. McChesney in person in room 325 or send her an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, May 14th, so that your achievements can be recognized at the School Leaving Ceremony!
Even if you don’t plan to accept the award, let Ms. McChesney know about it. The school likes to keep a record of your achievements.
The Clean Energy Association of BC (CEBC) is asking for your assistance in promoting our clean energy scholarship. The $1000 scholarship is available for students who are interested in pursuing a future in clean energy at a post-secondary institution. The recipient must be a BC secondary student (full-time, currently enrolled) that is graduating in 2018.
- Applicants must submit a 1-2 page paper (500 words) responding to the question “Why is clean energy important to me as a young person in BC?” Please explain why clean energy is important, cite any relevant experience with projects, volunteering, or community work, and indicate any future plans for involvement (please indicate the post-secondary institutions you have applied to and any acceptances).
- Applicants must also provide one letter of reference (not a relative). This could be from a teacher, a community representative, a pastor/religious teacher or a coach. The reference letter should speak to your character as a person.
- Applicants must provide their contact information – address, phone number and e-mail.
The deadline for applications is May 27, 2018.
Please submit applications by mail or email to:
354-409 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2
The deadline for the annual Lisa Huus Memorial Bursary is approaching.
- Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Eligibility: Students with significant physical disabilities living in British Columbia and completing post-secondary education in an accredited program
- Bursary Amount: Up to $5,000 per student
- Application and information about applying: https://islandkidsfirst.com/lisa-huus-bursary/
Each year, the Looking Glass Foundation awards several thousand dollars to BC students who have received, or are currently receiving, treatment for an eating disorder. Since March 1st, they have been accepting applications for our Persevere, Rise Above,and Pursue Your Passion scholarships, to be awarded to 3 promising students!
This year, they are delighted to award the Rise Above scholarship in honour of two highly valued members of the LGF Community: Jeff and Sonia Hayes. The Hayes have been generous donors, supporters, and volunteers with Looking Glass for nearly a decade, and they look forward to awarding the Jeff and Sonia Hayes Rise Above Scholarship to a deserving recipient this year!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Applications are open to all genders and ages, in any program area
- Eligible scholarship recipients are Canadian students enrolled in full-time studies at an accredited BC post-secondary institution,
are BC residents enrolled in full-time studies at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution
- Students should be commencing or returning to full-time studies between September 2018 and January 2019
- The application deadline is July 6th, 2018
- You can apply online on March 1st! Application forms, rules, and full instructions will be made available on our webpage at that time
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Deadline: June 30,2018
Click on the link below for the application: