BC College/Universities

University Second Language Requirements

Although not a graduation requirement, most universities require students to complete at least Language 11

  • SFU will accept an Introductory Language 11
  • UBC will accept Language 11
    • However, some faculties require Language 12 or a 1st year language course (e.g. Faculty of Arts)
  • Some faculties at UVic DO NOT have a second language requirement
    • Example:  Engineering, Sciences, and Business
  • If you are an ESL student you may be eligible for a Language 11 &/or 12 credit

How do I Apply?

To apply to all BC Post Secondary Institutions, you must do so through Apply BC here