Welcome back! September happenings…

It’s the end of September and I am finally posting my first blog of the school year. As usual, it’s been a busy month of makingĀ  library cardsĀ for new students, distributing Reading Club passports, getting the class schedule set.

This month the storytimes and book exchanges have focused on teaching about library etiquette, care of books and how to find fiction books. Of course, we also had wonderful book displays on beginning the school year, libraries and librarians and Terry Fox. Some of the books I read to the primary students were Library Lil by Suzanne Williams, Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen, Little Bo-Peep’s Library Book by Cressida Cowell. Upper primary students were also read Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians by Jackie Mims Hopkins which teaches about the five-finger rule.

Festival du Livre was held the same days as the Intake meetings, Sept. 18 & 19. Sales were down this year but we still managed to get some exciting new titles for the French section of our school library. My thanks to Mrs. Birdie Chan for organizing the book fair and to the parents and students who volunteered to work at it.