The Lisa Huus Memorial Bursary Fund was established in 1988 by Lisa’s family and has been supported by personal donations in memory of Lisa and by fundraising activities undertaken by the Huus family and the bursary committee. An applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university in British Columbia.
- Be a person with significant physical disabilities or ongoing health challenges, such as someone who:
- requires a personal attendant
- is dependent on a mechanical device for mobility or maintenance of body functions
- requires major continuing therapies OR
- have other significant special needs.
Applicants with mental health challenges are invited to apply only if they also have a significant physical disability.
up to $5,000.
by EMAIL: May 31, 2022.
If this is your first time applying for the Lisa Huus Bursary, send the following documents in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2022:
a. Application form first-time applicant application please include:
- A 500-1000-word statement outlines your personal goals and update on your experience pursuing higher education over the past year.
- A detailed budget.
- Contact information for reference: Name, phone number, and email address.
b. Proof of permanent residency (only for an applicant who is not a Canadian citizen)
c. Letter of disability certification from a physician, physiotherapist, or occupational therapist.
d. Official academic transcript for the two most recent years of study.
Your referee will need to complete and submit the 2022 Lisa Huus Bursary reference form and email it to email@example.com by May 31, 2022. This form must be completed by a teacher or instructor that has taught the applicant since their last application cycle. The committee may contact the referee directly for additional information.
The committee may take into consideration additional factors including volunteer work, community involvement, and individual financial need.