Open to female students in the Metro Vancouver schools who are completing grade 12 and are children of refugees or immigrants to Canada. Applicants must be interested in pursuing a career in social work, education, psychology, nursing or social service and possess academic grades sufficient to allow admission into their chosen area of study/educational facility and demonstrate financial need. Read below for additional criteria.
in print or email by May 15, 2022
Submit the completed apply to the Selection Committee – Shashi Assanand Bursary,
Vancouver & Lower Mainland Multicultural Family Support Services Society, Suite 306 – 4980
Kingsway, Burnaby, V5H 4K7 or email to Selectioncommittee_SAB@vlmfss.ca
Applicants are requested to complete the following:
- application (below)
- share their story, in not more than 500 words about their individual and family experiences in Canadian life, how they impacted the lives of others in their community and their plans for the future.
- submit 2 reference letters from a school official and a community member representing a community-based organization that highlight the applicant’s transition into the life in Canada, aspirations and career goals for the future.
The BCSTA Scholarships for Student Citizenship recognize graduating students for outstanding contributions they have made to their school and community. Additional criteria:
- This scholarship recognizes graduating B.C. public school students who have displayed exemplary citizenship within their school and community.
- Students must be graduating from a B.C. public school in the 2021/2022 school year.
- Students must submit a completed application in the required format by the application deadline.
- The scholarship is only available to residents of B.C.
3 @ $500 (to be paid directly to recipient’s post-secondary institution)
submit online by Monday, February 28, 2022
Please read this section carefully. Improperly submitted applications will not be considered.
- Students are to email submissions to email@example.com.
- The email must have the following subject, as it appears below (replace “your name” with your first and last name, but do not change anything else):
Application – Your Name – BCSTA Scholarship
- The attachment must use the following naming convention: lastname-firstname-scholarship.pdf. Please include the dashes. For example, if your name is Jane Doe, your pdf will be called: doe-jane-scholarship.pdf
- Applications must be submitted as a single PDF document and must be arranged in the following
order using the forms included in this document.
1. Student Application Form
2. Student Consent Form
3. Student Activities/Clubs Form
4. Student Essay – Maximum 500 words from the student on the following subject:
How does good citizenship support resilient, healthy communities?
5. School Reference Letter
6. Community Reference LetterImage files, Word files and other submissions not in PDF format will not be accepted
$10,000 (40 Awards)
Deadline: January 31, 2022
$10,000 (200 Awards)
Society of Manufacturing Engineers Scholarship
Deadline: February 1, 2022
$1,200 (1 Award)
Kezian Science Scholarship
Deadline: March 31, 2022
$500 (1 Award)
Abbott Painters Scholarship Program
Deadline: April 30, 2022
All Eligibility Criteria can be found directly from StudentScholarships.org
Sikh Heritage BC’s Education project is an opportunity for teachers to create Sikh content for classrooms. In the past, this project was aimed towards educators in the K-12 system looking to incorporate Sikh Heritage in their classrooms. This year, we are expanding our project to include a set of five scholarships.
In keeping with our mandate, Sikh Heritage BC has established five $1,000 scholarships to provide funding for post-secondary to students residing in British Columbia at the time of the application. This scholarship is available to anyone that is attending a Post-Secondary Institute in September 2022 regardless of their ethnicity, religion or status. Preference, however, will be given to those that will be completing high school in June 2022.
5 x $1,000 each for areas of Arts, Leadership, Athletics, Community Service, Academic Achievement
due online by January 31, 2022.
Specific criteria vary for the 5 different scholarships. View and apply online: https://www.sikhheritagemonthbc.ca/scholarships
The Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship is awarded to 20 outstanding high school graduates who have demonstrated a commitment and aptitude for a career path in K-12 teaching.
$5,000 scholarship voucher to redeem when registered and attending an approved K-12 teacher education program at one of BC’s nine Faculties of Education. Up to 7 years to redeem voucher.
ONLINE by FEBRUARY 15, 2022.
For eligibility and application visit online at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/support/scholarships/provincial-scholarships/pathway-to-teacher-education-scholarship
The BC Excellence scholarship is awarded to 55 well-rounded high school graduates who have demonstrated service and leadership, both at school and in their communities, and who show aptitude for and commitment to their chosen career paths. You must be nominated by your secondary school to qualify for this scholarship and each school may nominate one student only.
$5000. Students have five years to redeem their BC Excellence scholarship vouchers; an expiry date is printed on each voucher and extensions are not possible.
- February 4, 2022: nomination application due to Ms. Mihic in Student Services or email by 3pm.
- February 15, 2022: online applications due by 2:59 pm PST
- Early June 2022: conditional recipients and their schools notified by email
- September 2022: conditional recipients checked against eligibility requirements
- October 2022: paper scholarship vouchers mailed to confirmed recipients
Before starting, review all the details for this process outlined here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/support/scholarships/provincial-scholarships/bc-excellence-scholarships
Schools may only submit one nominee for this scholarship. You must submit a 500 word response on the following question:
Statement question: describe how you demonstrated one or more of the Core Competencies (or sub-competencies) in the B.C. Curriculum in your most relevant volunteer or work experiences.
This is due to Ms. Mihic by February 4th to be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
Students selected as conditional recipients of the BC Excellence scholarship must meet the following requirements by August 31 of their graduating year to be confirmed as a recipient and receive their scholarship voucher:
- meet basic eligibility requirements;
- be eligible for a B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma);
- fulfill the requirements of the B.C. Graduation Program;
- be graduating in the same year the scholarship is awarded; and
- have the following final marks.
- Minimum “B” average in grades 11 and 12 courses required for graduation.
- Minimum “B” (73% or above) in Language Arts 12.
- Minimum “B” average, no more than one “C+” (67% or above), and no marks lower than “C+” in courses that fulfill graduation requirements for Science 11 or 12, Math 11, and Social Studies 11 or 12Note: students may apply for both the BC Excellence scholarship and the Pathway to Teacher Education scholarship but they can only be awarded one.
How applications are evaluated
- Written statements are assessed by teams of B.C. teachers using the marking guidelines
- A subset of candidates is shortlisted.
- The resume packages for these students are assessed by the scholarship committee, which includes B.C. teachers, using the marking guidelines.
- Fifty-five candidates are named as conditional recipients.
Students are encouraged to get organized well before the application deadline of 11:59pm PST on February 15, 2021.
- Record the key dates noted above
- Plan to meet all eligibility requirements
- Understand students must be nominated by their secondary school to qualify for this scholarship and each school may nominate one student only
- Understand that the online application must be completed in one session because it cannot be saved and completed later; preview the online application and follow the instructions to prepare information offline
BC Excellence scholarship application
· Students are encouraged to inform their high schools of any address changes. In the fall, the Ministry mails paper scholarship vouchers to recipients using the home addresses reported by schools.
Please contact the Provincial Scholarships Program team: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Looking for looking for high-potential applicants who excel in the classroom and in their extracurricular pursuits seeking to enroll at Western University in London Ontario.
- One Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Scholarship valued at $72,000;
- One President’s Entrance Scholarship valued at $70,000;
- Four President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $65,000 and up to 15 more at $50,000;
- Three International President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $50,000 for international (visa) students;
- Up to 15 Faculty Entrance Scholarships valued at $30,000;
- Up to 39 National Scholarship Study Abroad Awards valued up to $5,000;
- Up to 50 National Merit Awards valued at $2,000 for one year.
February 14, 2022 online or postmarked if by mail. YOU MUST CONSULT MS. MIHIC by Wednesday, February 9th if you intend on applying for one of these scholarships!
Details can be found at: https://registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/scholarships_awards/admission/national_scholarship_program.html