This year the Kemper Human Rights Education Foundation (khref.org) is offering prizes of $2000, $750 and $250 to high school students judged to have written the best answers to the question on the flyer below (and attached as a readily reproducible file). Please inform your students about the contest described by the flyer and encourage them to participate in it. More information about KHREF and the essays of the winners of its contests over the past 20 years may be found on khref.org.
$2000, $750, and $250
ONLINE by December 10, 2021
1. There are two contests: one for high school students in the U.S. and one for high school students who are citizens and residents of other countries.
2. Essays are due on or before December 10, 2021 (Human Rights Day),
3. Essays should be approximately 2500 words in length and be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to: KHREF, 184 Fillow Street, Norwalk, CT 06850.
4. Essays will be judged according to how clearly and well they answer the question posed and the extent to which they are supported by research.
5. Submissions should include a cover page with the: title of the essay, author’s name and grade level, the name and address of the author’s high school, the name of a teacher or administrator at the high school and the following statement signed by the author and author’s parent or guardian: “I give the Kemper Human Rights Education Foundation permission to publish this essay.”