The Uggla Family Scholarship, which will be comprised of 10 full-ride opportunities for equity-deserving students applying to either the Beedie School of Business or to a program in the Faculty of Applied Sciences.
We’re still finalizing all the details and requirements, but this new scholarship will be available for the incoming class of Fall 2021 and we wanted to give you a heads-up and share some high-level details:
- The Uggla Family Scholarship program aims to support exceptional students who through their identity or life circumstances may face barriers to participating in post-secondary education.
- Students still need to apply to SFU by the regular high school application deadline – January 31st, 2021 – and intend to pursue studies within either the Beedie School of Business or in a program in the Faculty of Applied Sciences. (In future years, this scholarship may become available to all faculties/programs).
- The student must be competitive for admission into the Beedie School of Business or the Faculty of Applied Sciences.
- Students who have already applied for admission, and also applied to our regular Entrance Awards Scholarships program (deadline of December 17th), will be invited to also apply for the Uggla Family Scholarship. A separate application will be required. They can be considered for both, although double offers will not occur.
- Students who have already applied for admission to SFU, but did not apply for our regular Entrance Awards Scholarships program, can still apply for the SFU Uggla Family Scholarship. We’ll share more details in the next couple of weeks.