This is a fully funded opportunity for Burnaby youths to attend a leadership workshop in Ottawa, Ontario and:
➢ Experience what it means to be Canadian
➢ Learn how our government works
➢ Gain an understanding of our country
➢ Meet leaders and decision makers
➢ Engage with young Canadians from every province
To qualify you must:
• Be between 16 and 18 (at the time of program)
• Have excellent academic standing
• Be involved in Community Service with an emphasis on non-school related volunteering
• Have leadership abilities
• Be a Canadian citizen or have Landed Immigrant Status
• Be able to go to Ottawa from May 14 – 17, 2023
• Attend an interview with a panel of Rotarians – to be scheduled at the start of February
Send your essay/video to email below by deadline: February 3, 2023
• Write a short essay (approx. 250 words) or film a 60-90 second video on the topic:
“What Being a Canadian means to Me”
• Send your resume and essay / video by email to email@example.com
Open to all students. This year the Kemper Human Rights Education Foundation is offering prizes of $3000, $1500, and $750 to high school students judged to have written the best answers to the question on the flyer below and attached. Please inform your students about the contest and encourage them to participate in it. More information about KHREF and the essays of the winners of its contests over the past 21 years may be found on khref.org. Last year’s winner was Owen Hu from British Columbia. To read his essay go to https://khref.org/archives/#owen-hu and to listen to an audio excerpt from an interview with him go to https://khref.org/audio-clips.
varies from $2000, $1000, and $500.
December 10, 2021 (Human Rights Day).
Write 1000-2500 on the following:
Respect for human rights seems to be eroding in many countries. Do you agree? If so, provide examples and explain what you think is the major cause of the problem and how it should be addressed? If you disagree, explain the reason you disagree.
Essays are due on or before December 10, 2022 (Human Rights Day) and should:
1. be 2500 words or less in length.
2. be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to: KHREF, 184 Fillow Street, Norwalk, CT 06850, USA.
3. include a cover page with the title, author’s name and grade level; name and address of the author’s high school; name of a teacher or administrator at the high school; and the following statement signed by the author and author’s parent or guardian: “I give the Kemper Human Rights Education Foundation permission to publish this essay.”
Winners will be announced, and awards presented on January 16, 2023.