Stoney Creek Community Council (PAC) invites applications for its 2020 Alumni Scholarship.
Stoney Creek Community School is one of seven Community Schools in the Burnaby School District and maintains a special belief in, and emphasis on, the value of community involvement. We continue to focus on ways to promote and recognize leadership throughout the school and community.
The Stoney Creek Alumni Scholarship is presented to a former Stoney Creek student who exhibits the qualities and values promoted by the school in their community.
Please note: this award is not solely based on academics or post secondary aspirations. Weight is given to those applicants who can demonstrate excellence in leadership and community service.
The criteria is expected but not limited to the following:
● Have attended Stoney Creek Community School for a minimum of one school year during the intermediate years;
● Be a grade 12 Burnaby Mountain student;
● Have demonstrated ongoing development in leadership and commitment to her/his community;
● Submit a 500 word essay on their leadership contribution to the community, how this experience has helped them to prepare for their future, and how they intend to continue their development as a community leader;
● Include a brief letter of support for this scholarship from a teacher, employer or community official or leader
Please email Ms Belyea completed application packages.
Deadline: April 23, 2020
At Millennium, we believe that all youth deserve the opportunity to feel empowered in their chosen fields of interest. Through hosting annual events, we emphasize the importance of striving to achieve gender equity in fields of STEM. If successful, scholarship recipients are encouraged to invest their grant into opportunities that will further their passion for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
The scholarship recipient must be:
– A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada residing in British Columbia
– Graduating from secondary school in June 2020
– Planning to pursue an education in a STEM field
Complete the online application at https://millennium6.typeform.com/to/Ep1T22?fbclid=IwAR0O68oHhqeVDis0CaatN0FNeECW78PtZC55rwucvCebve5xaNuHU2UQJGk AND email a one-page letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: April 20, 2020
Don’t forget to let me know if you have received any offers for scholarships. You can email confirmation of your award to email@example.com
The Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity is a registered charity, located in the lower mainland and serves all of BC. We support children and their families who have lost a loved one with services such as fully-funded counselling, bursaries, camp funding, a toy drive and a lending library of books and resources.
- Grade 12 graduating student
- Loss of a parent and/or a sibling
- Enrolled in a certified post secondary program within the same year of graduating
- Involved in the community/volunteer work
- a BC Resident
To apply for a bursary, the student must email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Complete mailing address, contact information and full name of the applicant
- Complete mailing address, contact information and the name of secondary school
- A minimum 500 word essay on how they fit the criteria
For more information you can check out: http://www.crccs.ca/bursary-program/
Deadline: April 15, midnight
Available to all students who are applying to or currently enrolled in college. Open to all majors as we believe people from all walks of life can find ways to support sustainability and help build towards a brighter future for all. Award new scholarships for both the spring and fall semesters.
The scholarship is merit-based, open to all majors, requires a GPA of 3.0 or higher and an essay submission. We will be awarding new scholarships every semester.
All of the application details and the 2020 essay question is available on our website at https://swedishwholesale.com/sustainability-scholarship/
The Whitmer Trudel Scholarship will provide financial assistance to a Canadian student who would not otherwise have the financial means to obtain a post-secondary education.
This scholarship is made available to an academically gifted Canadian student entering their first year of undergraduate post-secondary with a stated objective to make a positive contribution to Canadian society, and who have demonstrated financial need.
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Aimed at those students whose parents/guardians do not have a post-secondary education or received their post-secondary education outside of Canada.
These Scholarships help outstanding students whose parents or guardians do not have a post-secondary education or received their post-secondary education outside of Canada.
These three Scholarships are awarded annually valued at $6,000 each
Deadline: April 30, 2020
The BC Government ans Services Employees’ Union will be offering scholarships for post secondary studies undertaken by BCGEU members, staff and their families.
Applicants must be:
- A BCGEU member in good standing, or related to a current, retired or deceased BCGEU member or staff and
- A current or prospective post-secondary or higher learning student who is enrolled, registered or planning to attend an eligible educational institution in 2020.
Amount: $1,000 and $2,000
Deadline: midnight, Sunday, may 3, 2020
The scholarship is available for students who are interested in pursuing a future in clean energy at a post-secondary institution.
Must be a BC secondary student (full-time, currently enrolled) that is graduating in 2020.
- Applicants must submit a 1-2 page paper (approximately 500 words) responding to the following question:
“Why is clean energy important to me as a young person in BC?”
- Please cite any relevant experience with projects, volunteering, or community work, and indicate any future plans for involvement. Be sure to indicate the post-secondary institutions you have applied to, as well as any acceptances you have received!
- Applicants must additionally provide one letter of reference (must not be a relative). This could be from a teacher, a community representative, a religious/spiritual teacher, or a coach. The reference letter should speak to your character as a person.
- Please do not forget to provide your contact information – address, phone number, and e-mail.
Please submit your application by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: May 14, 2020
All students of Croatian ancestry and resident in BC are eligible to apply for either a scholarship or a bursary. At least once parent must be of Croatian ancestry.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, involvement within the community and written essay. All successful applicants will have previously demonstrated a capacity for high achievement.
Bursaries are awarded on the basis of financial need and previously demonstrated capacity for successful completion of a program of studies.
Amount: $500 and $1000
Deadline: May 1, 2020