Do you have a desire to pursue a career in business, the investment industry, or financial planning?
- Residents of Canada between the ages of 16 to 25 or entering first year.
- High school seniors who plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational technical school or equivalent post-secondary school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Children of Sun Life Financial employees are not eligible to apply.
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Quest University in Squamish, BC
Quest offers very Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is accepted to Quest with an 80% average or above in their academic courses for grades 11 & 12 receives an automatic $10,000 annual award.
For more information visit https://questu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Canadian-Academic-Performance-Scholarship-CAPS-Program.pdf
OR visit the university’s website https://questu.ca/
TD is committed to opening doors for a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow, creating conditions so everyone has the chance to succeed in a changing world. Unique in Canada, the TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are offered to students who, like TD, help support change, nurture progress and contribute to making the world a better place. Have you shown exceptional initiative in making a meaningful and lasting difference in your community? It’s not just about marks in the classroom, but rather the marks you have made on your community.
TD Scholarships for Community Leadership are open to students across Canada who:
- Have demonstrated community leadership
- Are in the final year of high school
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
Amount/Value: $70 000 (up to $10,000 for tuition per year, $7,500 a year for living expenses)
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Basant Motors is celebrating its 28th Anniversary on October 5, 2019 & to celebrate they are presenting $28 000 in scholarship awards (14 awards of $2 000 each)
- graduating high school senior
- minimum GPA 3.2
- demonstrates attributes of good citizenship and service in school and community
- plan to attend a post secondary institution in 2020
Deadline: Sunday September 29th
On Thursday Oct 24 at 7pm, Burnaby Mountain’s PAC will be hosting a scholarship presentation called Unlock Your Future. Guess speaker, Brittany Palmer is the force behind Unlock your Future (UYF). During her grade 12 year, Brittany won 16 scholarships totaling over $56,000. In June 2009, Brittany graduated debt-free from Simon Fraser University with her Bachelor of Arts in Communication. With over a decade of experience, Brittany is a respected scholarship consultant who has reached tens of thousands of students, parents and educators. Parents and students are invited to attend.
The Association honours the achievements of Canadians who have succeeded in spite of adversity and who encourage young people to pursue their dreams through higher education. These exceptional individuals receive the prestigious International Horatio Alger Award and are inducted into the Horatio Alger Association of Canada as lifelong Members.
- Be graduating high school with plans to enter university in the fall of 2020
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65
- Attend high school and reside in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen
Deadline: 5pm Oct 25 , 2019
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- superior academic performance
- exceptional achievement in a broad context
- excel in academic pursuits, demonstrate enthusiasm for intellectual exploration and have a strong involvement in the lives of their schools and communities
- must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person, intending to begin university study in September 2020
Award recipients receive a National Book Award recognizing their achievements, and as a symbol of their academic potential. It is a non-monetary award
Submit your name to Ms Belyea by October 2 for consideration for this award and you must have a submitted a student profile.
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person currently in your final year of Canadian secondary school intending to begin university the following academic year
- a National Book Award nominee or self-identify as meeting the criteria above
The National Scholarship covers tuition, incidental and residence fees for up to four years of study. Finalists not designated as National Scholars receive Arbor Scholarships at a value of $7,500 in the first year and $1,500 per year for three additional years of undergraduate study. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Available at https://future.utoronto.ca/scholarships/national-scholarship-program/
This is a BIG one! The Loran Scholarship is a cross Canada scholarship that identifies and supports young people who have the integrity and courage to make difficult decisions, the perseverance to work towards long-term goals, the curiosity to better understand the world around them and the drive to make positive change in their communities. This year, they are offering up to 36 Loran Awards. In addition, they are granting up to 102 finalist and provincial awards ($5,000 or $2,000 each, respectively) to promising candidates.
Mountain will be sponsoring three students for the Sponsored pool of Candidates, but everyone is welcome to apply to the DIRECT POOL.
- Be in your final year of full-time studies in high school.
- Present a minimum average of 85%.
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Be at least 16 years of age by September 1st of the following year.
Amount: $100 000
Each award includes:
- An annual stipend of $10,000
- A matching tuition waiver from one of 25 partner universities
- Personal mentorship from a Canadian leader
- Access to our network and up to $10,000 in funding for summer internships in three different sectors
- An orientation expedition through Algonquin Park
- Annual retreats and scholar gatherings
Since you do not know whether you will be sponsored, select “applying to the direct pool” when filling out the application and you can change it before submitted if selected.
Print your application, place it in an envelope and submit to Ms. Belyea (Room 304) by October 2.
Mountain’s scholarship committee will choose 3 candidates to sponsor.
Missed the deadline or were not chosen to be sponsored? You can mail your applications to Toronto for the direct pool by October 24.
Interested in Interior Design?
HomeTheorys Offers a Scholarship for students who are interested in interior design, and who have the enthusiasm and specific ideas in the areas:
1) Interior Decorating
3) Home design
4) Interior Design
Amount: $2 000 USD
To be eligible submit your application by one of the submission dates.
1. Term – 1: 25 August – 30 October
2. Term – 2: 25 November- December 29
3. Term- 3: 25 March 2020- 30 June 2020