MODULE 3: CAPSTONE PRESENTATION
All Capstone Presentations will take place on April 18, 2019, during the last block of the day (from 2:00-3:00 pm).
Your classroom has been assigned! Click below to see which room you are in.
All grade 12s must fill out this quick survey to let Mrs. Dato know what tech or special needs you have for your presentation.
(deadline: Apr 11, 2019)-A STRICT DEADLINE!!! Link: http://tinyurl.com/CapstoneTech2019
How to prepare for the presentations? Here is the PowerPoint shown at the March 11 / 12 workshops:
Here is the GENERAL presentation outline (handout) for how to prepare for the presentations
Here is the DETAILED presentation (hand out) for how to prepare step-by-step
Missed the Capstone preparation workshops? or want to watch it again to help prepare? Here is the Capstone Workshop Youtube video link
Capstone Presentation evaluation rubric – see what you’re being assessed on and how to do a great job!
QUESTIONS you could be asked at the presentation – prepare for what the lead teacher could ask you after your presentation (these are only examples to assist your thinking)
Presentation Schedule and classroom allocation will be posted by April 15. Stay tuned…
GET CREATIVE!! Here are 101 ways to Represent Your Learning creatively “101 Ways to present your learning” graphic
If you’re asked to log in to Office 365 here is your username / password:
password: same as your computer login (have you changed it yet?)
Can’t get in to Office 365? Follow the instructions here to re-set your password: https://moscrop.burnabyschools.ca/blog/2018/10/30/change-your-office-365-password/
The following information has been left on the site for your interest, as it may help with the preparation of your Capstone Presentation:
Capstone Project Presentation Example to give you an idea of what it could look like:
(not the best example, but gives you an idea)
Resume Workshop sign up (not yet available)
The Capstone Presentation takes the place of the Student-led interviews
Grad 2019 PRESENTATION BASIC OUTLINE: (to be updated)
- Explain: WHO ARE YOU?
- WHAT ARE YOU PROUD OF? (bring or show evidence/artifact representing what you’re proud of – 1 item)
- DISCUSS POST-GRADUATION GOALS – YOUR PLANS FOR AFTER HIGH SCHOOL AND POSSIBLE FUTURE OPTIONS
- SHOW US YOUR CAPSTONE JOURNEY – goal, essential question, action plan & outcome: what you learned about your topic, yourself and about goal setting / what you can show / and what your new goals will be
- REFLECT ON BEING A LIFELONG LEARNER
- How do the skills you demonstrated / developed in your capstone help with this? How have you demonstrated being a lifelong learner? How will you continue to be a lifelong learner?
- MUST BE VISUAL AND CREATIVE IN SOME WAY