Skills & Technology Exploration
These courses are unique opportunities for Grade 9 or 10 students to explore technology and the trades, learn skills, and build specialist knowledge for in-demand careers of today and the future.
Skills Exploration: Technology 10 – 11 *NEW COURSE FOR GRADE 9 AND 10 STUDENTS* Designed for grade 9 and 10 students, this course will provide an overview of a variety of trades-based skills including drafting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and computer numeric controlled (CNC) operation. Hands on experiences in each trade will be provided. If you are interested in exploring a career in trades but aren’t sure which trade you prefer, this is the course for you! Please note: Grade 9 students will receive a Grade 10 credit for this course. Students may only take this course once for credit.
Skills Exploration: Food 9 / 10 * NEW COURSE
Benefits of Exploration Classes:
- Learn about careers of tomorrow
- Develop job-ready and problem-solving skills
- Work with other students in a collaborative team environment
- Work with specialized and trade specific practical projects
- Gain hands-on experience using machinery, equipment and hand tools
- Consider and or prepare for transitions to Burnaby Schools Industry Training Programs
What are you made of? ITA