This past month, SCIT Participants came together to share their learning journey. As part of the SCIT program, these teachers learned how to use a variety of literacy support software programs such as Inspiration, Kidspiration, Photostory, Comic Life, MovieMaker and WordPress Blogs in classroom instruction. The SCIT program blends curriculum, instructional practice, classroom management, and communication around effective technology practices.
Our Learning Technologies Team and SCIT Leaders are so proud of everyones’ accomplishments and their willingness to take risks in their teaching. Using technology in a seamless manner can have its management challenges. These teachers learned the importance of allowing students to practice the tool(s) before learning how to use them to support curriculum. Ongoing assessments showed that students were engaged in their learning while developing their writing and thinking skills.
As part of the reflective process of the SCIT program, I call upon our participants (and SCIT Leaders) to share their experiences in the Learning Technologies blog. Please feel free to write about:
- changes in instructional practice
- ‘aha’ type moments that resonated with you and/or your students
- discoveries about yourself and the role of technology in student learning
- how your activities engaged student learning
- how can Learning Technologies better support you with the implementation process
- what would you have done different in your learning journey & why
As an incentive, I will personally deliver to you a Starbucks coffee (or tea) in September if you are the 1st, 5th or 9th person to convey your thoughts.