Eric Walters books flying off the shelf!

On Friday Division 1 found out about an exciting event which is happening at the end of March… the author Eric Walters will be visiting Confederation Park!  He is a prolific author, and we have 35 of his titles in our library.  I introduced Eric Walters’ newest book, Walking Home, about thirteen year old Muchoki and his sister in Kenya who journey to find their extended family after political violence in their village.  What’s neat about this book is that there is additional information online, inlcuding maps, audio clips, videos, and author’s notes.

Ms. Coutts is working out an idea for an author study, with the goal of having everyone read different books and discuss them.  I am hoping we can incorporate some technology too – we are still working out the details so stay tuned  Division 1 was eager to start reading Eric Walter’s books, the six I had pulled from the shelf were snapped up right away, and the students who didn’t get one chased Ms. Coutts around the library to pick one of the ones she had taken from the shelf.  It was so fun to see everyone excited to read books by an author we will get to meet!