Instructions for Teachers:
Students will need about 30 minutes to complete the survey. I am available by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
- On May 7th, students in grades 9-12 with parental permission will be participating in the survey during period 1. This time given during period 1 to conduct the survey has been approved by Staff Committee. Students who do not have parental permission, I will be connecting with the teacher to let them know ahead of time.
- Please read the Classroom script (please see below) to the students BEFORE you ask students to complete the survey. It’s to help each teacher prepare to conduct the survey and to explain the purpose of the survey to students.
- Students will be completing the COMPASS Survey online. On the morning of May 7th, an email about the purpose of the survey and a link to the survey will be sent to each student from Gr 9-12, to their Office 365 email account (student’s school email). (please see below, student login information if they have questions but students are familiar).
- Teachers will also be sent the link to the survey to share with their students if they cannot find their email. Or ask students to check their email for the survey invitation using their phone, laptop or tablet.
- Students can complete the online Compass Survey on their phone, laptop or tablet.
- To keep students’ responses to the survey completely private, please DO NOT help students answer questions on the survey. Students should skip questions they do not understand. Remain at the front of the classroom while students are working on the survey.
- If students are not present during the time assigned to complete the survey, please encourage them to check their email and complete the survey at a later time in the day.
- Students are free to withdraw from the survey at any time.
- Once students have completed their surveys, please ensure each student hit the submit button for the questionnaire.
- Students who either have a Study Block, no course scheduled for period 1 or currently online, I will be connecting with each student and supporting them with the Compass Survey.
- Students who do not have a device that day, please send me their names and I will be supporting them with the survey.
Thank you for your cooperation.
0365 (school email) login: www.office.com
0365 (school email) Username: StudentNumber@edu.burnabyschools.ca
0365 (school email) Password: student choose their password (tends to be the same password used when logging into the computer)