This info is being re-posted to remind you about the due date coming up. Take time over the winter break to get your package together.
Schulich Leader Scholarships are prestigious entrance scholarships awarded to high school graduates enrolling in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programs at our 20 Canadian partner universities.
50 Schulich Scholarships are awarded each year:
- 25 at $100,000 for engineering
- 25 at $80,000 for science, technology or mathematics
Who is eligible to apply?
- Graduate high school or Cégep in the 2018/19 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Plan to enroll in STEM at one of our partner universities (there are 20 in Canada)
- Meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Leadership (community, business or entrepreneurial)
- Financial need
- Planning to pursue a career in technology, innovation, engineering, or scientific research
- Not planning a career as a medical practitioner or in medical research
How do you apply?
Submit an application package with the information below to Ms. Falsetto. Based on the information you provide, the Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee will nominate one student.
- indicate which universities you wish to attend
- indicate your top three achievements (academic or other)
- submit a 600 word essay demonstrating why you should win
- submit an optional 250 word essay outline extenuating circumstances
- submit a short answer to identify where you see yourself in 10 years
- submit two single-page letters o reference that include email and telephone contact information for verification
- submit a copy of up-to-date transcript
Due date to apply to the Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee is Monday, January 21, 2019. The official deadline to apply to the Schulich Foundation is Wednesday, January 30th, 2019.
More application information is available HERE.
Schulich website is HERE.
Last year, a Burnaby Mountain student won a Schulich award. Go Burnaby! I hope you apply for this award. Please contact me with any questions.
To help promote the study of Chinese language and culture in British Columbia, the British Columbia Ministry of Education and the Education Office of the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver have partnered to jointly fund scholarship awards for B.C. students.
The BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese offers up to fifty (50) $500 Awards for B.C. students studying Chinese. Each Award is jointly funded by the B.C. Ministry of Education ($250) and the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver ($250).
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in British Columbia
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2019)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in British Columbia
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in British Columbia with a minimum course grade of 86 % – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a grade of 73% and above in all completed Grade 11 courses
How to Apply
Students must complete Parts I and II of the application and ensure Part III is completed by the student’s guardian. Each applicant must also be nominated or sponsored by the student’s Mandarin Chinese language teacher, or the school’s vice-principal or principal. Sponsors must complete Part IV of the application on behalf of the student.
Click HERE for website details.
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community..
Due: June 19, 2019
The Doteasy Scholarship is our way to support passionate technology students, future entrepreneurs and aspiring graphic artists. Our goal is to empower students, lessen their financial burden during their future studies, and give them the resources to build an online presence that will move them towards their goals. We truly believe that having a website provides a major advantage for furthering your career goals.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Doteasy Scholarships are open to residents of Canada in their final year of high school and have an expressed interest in a field of study that would greatly benefit from owning a website (eg. Computer Science, IT, IAT, Graphic Design, Business, or Other).
Awards include $1000, $750 and $500.
You can apply by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please:
Tell us your name, current secondary school, and your intended field of study in the body of the email: Computer Science, IT, IAT, Graphic Design, Business, or Other (If other, briefly explain why having a website would benefit you).
Include a 300-500 word essay in the body of your email. Describe your career goals, and why having an online presence would help you on your journey. For writing suggestions, feel free to tell us:
- Your career goals
- Steps you’ve already taken towards your goals
- Your intended field of study and proposed path
- How having a website can help you achieve the career you want or help you in your career
Attach one letter of reference from a teacher, principal, employer or community leader
Scholarship winners will also receive 1-year of website hosting and domain name services. Please tell us which Doteasy services (hosting and/or add-ons) would best suit you and your needs. (Note that this answer will not be considered as part of the adjudication process, but allows us to assess the best complimentary hosting resources for our scholarship winners). You can take a look at the services offered by Doteasy on our website: www.doteasy.com
The scholarship is open to students in their final year of high school. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2019.
Here is the URL for the scholarship details:
For Doteasy Scholarship information, CLICK HERE.
Are you often described as a leader, an achiever, or an innovator? Do you have limitless drive, ambition, and determination? If so, there’s an opportunity to receive a $25,000 prize towards your post-secondary education.
Founded in 2016, the STEAM Horizon Awards invite Canada’s youth to promote positive changes throughout their community using science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM).
Winners will be awarded a $25,000 prize for their post-secondary education. Two of the five prizes will go to Indigenous youth. The prizes will be funded by the Ingenium Foundation, alongside a group of award sponsors. We are confident that these recipients will act as role models and ambassadors for future STEAM generations.
Who is eligible?
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada
- Must be between 16 and 18 years old at the time of application
- Must be recognized for STEAM-related accomplishments in a formal or informal way
- Must be maintaining a minimum academic average of 85%
- Must either be preparing to enroll in Fall 2019, or currently enrolled, in their first year of post-secondary education. The enrolment must be in a STEAM field in Canada
All application info is available HERE.
Due January 16, 2019.
The Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity is a registered charity, located in the lower mainland and serves all of BC. We support children and their families who have lost a loved one with services such as fully-funded counselling, bursaries, camp funding, a toy drive and a lending library of books and resources.
CRCCS would like to offer a $1000 bursary to graduating students who have lost a parent and/or sibling.
To qualify for a $1000 CRCCS bursary, the student will be required to meet the criteria. The criteria includes:
- Grade 12 graduating student
- Loss of a parent and/or a sibling
- Enrolled in a certified post secondary program within the same year of graduating
- Involved in the community/volunteer work
- a BC Resident
- Complete mailing address, contact information and full name of the applicant
- Complete mailing address, contact information and the name of secondary school
- A minimum 500 word essay on how they fit the criteria, including all contact information.
You can also visit our website at www.crccs.ca/bursary-program/ for criteria and more details about the bursary opportunity.
For 2018, CRCCS awarded $33,000 in bursaries to graduating students all across BC!
You can also check out the website www.crccs.ca for more information. As well, if you know of students who may benefit from the other services the charity offers, we can mail you brochures or you can refer them to our website.
Applicants can mail to:
Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity
Counselling and Resource Centre
Attn: Jennifer Reaveley
#201 – 2571 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC
Canada, V3C 3G3
or email to:
For inquires or questions, please contact:
Jennifer Reaveley – Director of Bursaries
Due date: April 15, 2019
SPEATBC is again offering 5 scholarships related to ENGINEERING this year:
1) ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP – a high school student (grade 12) or recent graduate (within 2 years) planning on pursuing post-secondary studies upon graduation in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
2) POST SECONDARY SCHOLARSHIP – a post-secondary student enrolled in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
3) WOMAN IN ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP – a woman student enrolled in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
4) NEW IMMIGRANT SCHOLARSHIP – a new immigrant (max. of 2 years since arrival in Canada) pursuing post-secondary studies in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
5) INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP – an international student studying in Canada with a valid Student Visa enrolled in or pursuing an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
We are a not for profit organization that assists, advises and guides students and immigrants in the engineering disciplines. Since 1995 we have been promoting the engineering profession in the community by providing technical seminars and organizing social events. We are strongly focused on promoting youth to be strong leaders in our communities by providing them with education and guidance opportunities.
Information package details are available HERE.
SPEAT BC Flyer is HERE.
SPEAT Application form is HERE.
Due date to apply is January 5th, 2019.
The Publicity.ai SEO & Content Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in SEO and content marketing. Unlike most scholarships which simply require good luck to win, the Publicity.ai scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to appreciate and explain genius marketing!
Students applying must submit a brief essay explaining the best use of content marketing –the act of producing content to compel your audience to appreciate and share it– that they have seen. In 5 paragraphs or less, you should share what you saw (feel free to link to it if its online), how it made you feel, the call-to-action, and ultimately explain why a certain marketing campaign was the best use of content marketing that you have ever seen for the purposes of achieving business goals (typically increasing revenue and profits).
Studying in the fields of Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Communications, or IT are recommended but not required. Being passionate about appreciating great marketing is an absolute must. We’re always excited to see what the next generation of marketing leaders thinks is great content!
Click HERE for application details.
Due date: Thursday, December 20, 2018
The Lead Roster B2B Sales & Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in sales & marketing. Unlike most scholarships which require a simple essay and “good luck” to win, the Lead Roster scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to market and sell your own ideas!
Students applying must submit the URL of a video they’ve uploaded to YouTube where you explain, present, convince, inspire, entertain, market and/or sell us your reason why you deserve to win this scholarship. The video can be anything that you feel will compell us to choose your entry as long as it has “Lead Roster Scholarship” in the title and is publicly viewable.
Studying in the fields of Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Communications, or IT are recommended but not required. Being passionate about communicating your ideas is an absolute must. We’re always excited to see what the next generation of business leaders will do to create a winning video!
Click HERE for application details.
Due date: Thursday, December 20th, 2018.