The Graduating Class of 2019 at Byrne Creek Community School collectively earned over $474,000 in scholarships this year. This amount includes entrance scholarships from post secondary schools as well as bursaries and scholarships from private organizations and Byrne Creek Community School programs.
Your strong scholarship and entrance applications highlighted your extraordinary contributions to our community and your development of self. Scholarships and bursaries continue to be offered at the post secondary level. Be sure to visit the Financial Aid office at your new school to inquire about financial assistance they offer in the form of bursaries and scholarships.
I wish you the best along your educational journey!
Eagle Touch Technologies Co. would like to inform you of their Technology – Students Scholarship Program. The program aims to reward deserving students $3,000 in annual scholarships. More information on the program can be found at
Technology – Students Scholarship Program
This educational scholarship fund aims to give back to society and to help students in need to pursue their dreams, so we are offering USD 3000 scholarship to any college students who are interested in science and technology, and who have the enthusiasm and specific ideas especially in the area of Touch Display Technology.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in High School, University or College as a full-time student (2019-2020 school year).
There will be three contest submission dates. To be eligible for the contest submit your essay by one the submission dates.
1st Term: May 15 – September 1
2nd Term: September 1- December 14
Winners announced 30/12/19
1) Please attach your photo along with your Essay
2) Attach scanned copies of documents that prove your identity.
3) Attach the documents confirming your enrollment in college or institute
Recommendations for writing an Essay:
1) It is necessary to answer a number of questions:
-What is a Touch Screen?
-Where is the Touch Screen used?
-Types of touch screens
-The advantages of using touch-screens
-What types of businesses could use screen monitors?
2) Your Essay must be at least 2000 words.
3) Use photos and images
4) Use headings and subheadings
ISS of BC is encouraging education for refugee youth and newcomers to Canada with nine bursaries of $1,000 each.
Information and application forms are available HERE.
Please see Ms. Falsetto in B110 with any questions.
The Confratellanza Italo-Canadese is again offering several $1,000 scholarships to assist eligible students in their post secondary studies.
The scholarships are open to this year’s graduating secondary school students planning to enroll in a post-secondary educational institution for the first time in 2019. To be eligible for this scholarship candidates must:
1) be of Italian origin i.e. as having at least one parent or grandparent of direct Italian descent
2) be living in a city or municipality within the 21-member Greater Vancouver Regional District
3) have an academic standing sufficient to qualify for entry into the post-secondary institution of their choice
4) submit a completed application form with supporting documentation post-marked no later than June 7, 2019.
For more information, click HERE.
This year, there are 21 scholarships available for Byrne students. You must excel in one of:
- Fine Arts
- Applied Skills
- Physical Activity
- International Languages
- Technology and Trades
- Community Service
- Indigenous Language and Culture
To be eligible:
- You must have taken a concentration of at least 4 senior courses in your area
- One of the 4 courses can be Work Experience 12A, provided it was done in your chosen elective areas. Other courses outside of the chosen area (both academic and non-academic) that have a direct and obvious relationship to the chosen elective area may also be counted among the FOUR. (If you are in doubt about this submit your application and we will decide)
- You must graduate from high school before August 31, 2019 and be enrolled in post secondary program to continue studies in your chosen elective area.
- You must demonstrate good attendance, punctuality, work habits and cooperation.
- You must pass English 12 or Communications 12.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA (C+ average) based on your best 10 grade 11 and 12, 4 credit courses
||Visual, Dance, Drama, Music
||Business Ed, Tech Ed, Home Economics, Cooking or Culinary ACE_IT
||Athletics, dance, gymnastics. Not limited to Physical Education-i.e. provincial volleyball, sports camps, etc.
||Taken more than two languages with IRP’s or External Assessments, including AP courses.
|Technical and Trades
||Carpentry, Automotive, Mechanics, Cooks Training, Construction and any of the tech/trade Ace-It programs
||Must have two or more leadership type classes (Peer tutoring counts), be going into a field of service and must have two or more letters demonstrating over 300 hours of community involvement. There is a demonstration of local and global issues and cultural awareness.
|Indigenous Languages and Culture
||Students must be of Aboriginal decent, must be taking an Aboriginal studies course and be heavily active in their Aboriginal Community.
Be sure to list your eligibility evidence on your application HERE.
Applications due Tuesday, June 4th, 2019.
Now accepting applications for 2019/2020 LISA HUUS BURSARY
To assist persons with physical disabilities to begin or continue post-secondary education in British Columbia.
The Lisa Huus Memorial Fund was created in memory of Lisa Pauline Huus in 1988 by her family and has been supported by personal donations and fundraising activities for 30 years.
Each year the Huus Family, in partnership with Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island (formerly Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children) and generous donors, award bursaries to support the education of students with disabilities.
The purpose of the fund is to provide bursaries, in the range of $500 – $5000 annually per recipient, to assist persons with disabilities to undertake or continue their post-secondary education at an accredited post-secondary institution in British Columbia. Bursaries may be used for items such as tuition fees, textbooks, equipment, transportation, residence and support worker costs.
The bursary was established in 1988 by the family of Lisa Pauline Huus, a sociology student at the University of Victoria. “Lisa fought for her rights to go to university and be treated just like any other student,” says her mother Annie Huus. “We established this fund so that students with physical challenges like Lisa can access much needed financial support to pursue their educational dreams.”
If you or someone you know is an individual with a disability, please visit https://islandkidsfirst.com/lisa-huus-bursary/. For more information on the story behind the Lisa Huus Bursary, eligibility requirements and the application process. Additionally, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-940-4950 to speak to one of our staff about this opportunity.
General information is HERE.
Application form is HERE.
The deadline for applications is May 31, 2019.
To further our goal of inspiring volunteerism, we have created the YTS Scholarship for Community Service. This year, YTS will be giving out three $1000 scholarships. Each scholarship will recognize a student’s dedication and commitment to selfless service in the community. We hope to celebrate the achievements of three young individuals who have created positive change in their communities.
To be considered for this award, the applicant must be:
1. A graduating, grade 12 student attending secondary school within the lower mainland
2. Attending a Canadian post-secondary institution on a full-time basis beginning September 2019.
3. Actively involved in voluntary pursuits of any kind (humanitarian, environmental, etc…)
4. Minimum academic average of 70%
We hope you will be able to share this opportunity with students at your school (and perhaps with other schools in your district). The application deadline is on Friday May 3rd, 2019 at 11:59pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us back at email@example.com
Youth Transforming society (YTS) is a registered non-profit, student-led group based out of Surrey, BC that aims to raise awareness for humanitarian issues and encourage community volunteerism. For more information about our organization, please visit: http://www.youthtransformingsociety.org/
To preserve Vietnamese Culture and encourage post-secondary studies and volunteerism among Vietnamese students in the community, the Vietnamese Cultural Heritage Association in Surrey will grant bursaries to Vietnamese students who continue Post-Secondary studies and have history of volunteering in the community.
- Graduated from Grade 12 and will ontinue post-secondary studies
- Volunteer in the community
- Understand and speak basic conversational Vietnamese
- Must be Canadian or Permanent Resident
- Complete application form (see below)
- Provide Grade 12 Transcript or report card
- Letter of reference for your volunteering or contact information
- Letter of acceptance from your post-secondary institution
- Proof of your Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Mail complete application to:
Vietnamese Cultural Heritage Association
11365 Kendale Way
Delta, BC V4C 3P8
For more information, you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mr. Phan van Hop at 604.518.5167. For the application form, click HERE.
Deadline is June 30th, 2019.
The next two months are when the majority of scholarship applications close for students who will be attending post-secondary school next year. This is the perfect time to encourage students to set aside some time and focus on applying to scholarships!
At ScholarTree.ca we are continually adding new scholarships to the site. In the last couple of weeks, we have added more than 25 new scholarships!
We have started to put an emphasis on local or regional scholarships as those tend to be less competitive and give students a better chance at winning. Canada is a very large country so it will take us a while to add scholarships in every municipality.
Keep checking the website and apply!