- Fine Arts
- Applied Skills
- Physical Activity
- International Languages
- Technology and Trades
- Community Service
- Indigenous Language and Culture
To be eligible:
- You must have taken a concentration of at least 4 senior courses in your area
- One of the 4 courses can be Work Experience 12A, provided it was done in your chosen elective areas. Other courses outside of the chosen area (both academic and non-academic) that have a direct and obvious relationship to the chosen elective area may also be counted among the FOUR. (If you are in doubt about this submit your application and the District Committee will decide)
- You must graduate from high school before August 31, 2020 and be enrolled in post secondary program to continue studies in your chosen elective area.
- You must demonstrate good attendance, punctuality, work habits and cooperation.
- You must pass English 12
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA (C+ average) based on your best 10 grade 11 and 12, 4 credit courses
|Elective area||Course/experience requirement|
|Fine Arts||Visual, Dance, Drama, Music|
|Applied Skills||Business Ed, Tech Ed, Home Economics, Cooking or Culinary ACE_IT|
|Physical Activity||Athletics, dance, gymnastics. Not limited to Physical Education-i.e. provincial volleyball, sports camps, etc.|
|International Languages||Taken more than two languages with IRP’s or External Assessments, including AP courses.|
|Technical and Trades||Carpentry, Automotive, Mechanics, Cooks Training, Construction and any of the tech/trade Ace-It programs|
|Community Service*||Must have two or more leadership type classes (Peer tutoring counts), be going into a field of service and must have two or more letters demonstrating a particular number of hours of community involvement (details below*). There is a demonstration of local and global issues and cultural awareness.|
|Indigenous Languages and Culture||Students must be of Aboriginal decent, must be taking an Aboriginal studies course and be heavily active in their Aboriginal Community.|
- two leadership course courses with participation in a minimum 200 community service hours or
- one leadership course with participation in a minimum 300 community service hours or
- no leadership course with participation in a minimum 400 community service hours
Be sure to list your eligibility evidence on your application.
Application info is available HERE.
Applications due Thursday, June 4th, 2020.