HOPE, EVEN IN TRAGEDY.
Logan Boulet, a 21-year old hockey player, did not survive the tragic Humboldt Broncos bus crash that killed 16 people in 2018. Logan registered as an organ donor just weeks before the accident and had spoken to his father about his wishes a year before. Logan was able to save six people’s lives through his organ donation.
As news spread of Logan’s selfless act, thousands across the country and world were inspired to register as organ donors. This became known as the “Logan Boulet Effect”. To mark the day Logan Boulet became an organ donor, the Boulet family launched Green Shirt Day on April 7 of every year.
New this year, BC Grade 12 students can apply for one of two $1,000 scholarships HERE. It’s a great opportunity for students to demonstrate leadership by raising awareness for organ donation in their school or community.
- Submit a 500-word essay or short video that showcases your organ donation awareness project, how you planned it, and its impact.
- If you have a personal connection to organ donation or transplant, share that story with us.
- Get creative – we love to see photos, videos, drawings, recordings, poems and whatever else helps support your submission.
- Provide a reference letter from a teacher/community leader.
- You must not be related to anyone employed at BC Transplant.
Application is due May 4th.