This info is being re-posted to remind you about the due date coming up. Take time over the winter break to get your package together.
Schulich Leader Scholarships are prestigious entrance scholarships awarded to high school graduates enrolling in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programs at our 20 Canadian partner universities.
50 Schulich Scholarships are awarded each year:
- 25 at $100,000 for engineering
- 25 at $80,000 for science, technology or mathematics
Who is eligible to apply?
- Graduate high school or Cégep in the 2018/19 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Plan to enroll in STEM at one of our partner universities (there are 20 in Canada)
- Meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Leadership (community, business or entrepreneurial)
- Financial need
- Planning to pursue a career in technology, innovation, engineering, or scientific research
- Not planning a career as a medical practitioner or in medical research
How do you apply?
Submit an application package with the information below to Ms. Falsetto. Based on the information you provide, the Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee will nominate one student.
- indicate which universities you wish to attend
- indicate your top three achievements (academic or other)
- submit a 600 word essay demonstrating why you should win
- submit an optional 250 word essay outline extenuating circumstances
- submit a short answer to identify where you see yourself in 10 years
- submit two single-page letters o reference that include email and telephone contact information for verification
- submit a copy of up-to-date transcript
Due date to apply to the Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee is Monday, January 21, 2019. The official deadline to apply to the Schulich Foundation is Wednesday, January 30th, 2019.
More application information is available HERE.
Schulich website is HERE.
Last year, a Burnaby Mountain student won a Schulich award. Go Burnaby! I hope you apply for this award. Please contact me with any questions.
To help promote the study of Chinese language and culture in British Columbia, the British Columbia Ministry of Education and the Education Office of the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver have partnered to jointly fund scholarship awards for B.C. students.
The BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese offers up to fifty (50) $500 Awards for B.C. students studying Chinese. Each Award is jointly funded by the B.C. Ministry of Education ($250) and the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver ($250).
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in British Columbia
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2019)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in British Columbia
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in British Columbia with a minimum course grade of 86 % – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a grade of 73% and above in all completed Grade 11 courses
How to Apply
Students must complete Parts I and II of the application and ensure Part III is completed by the student’s guardian. Each applicant must also be nominated or sponsored by the student’s Mandarin Chinese language teacher, or the school’s vice-principal or principal. Sponsors must complete Part IV of the application on behalf of the student.
Click HERE for website details.
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community..
Due: June 19, 2019
The Doteasy Scholarship is our way to support passionate technology students, future entrepreneurs and aspiring graphic artists. Our goal is to empower students, lessen their financial burden during their future studies, and give them the resources to build an online presence that will move them towards their goals. We truly believe that having a website provides a major advantage for furthering your career goals.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Doteasy Scholarships are open to residents of Canada in their final year of high school and have an expressed interest in a field of study that would greatly benefit from owning a website (eg. Computer Science, IT, IAT, Graphic Design, Business, or Other).
Awards include $1000, $750 and $500.
You can apply by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please:
Tell us your name, current secondary school, and your intended field of study in the body of the email: Computer Science, IT, IAT, Graphic Design, Business, or Other (If other, briefly explain why having a website would benefit you).
Include a 300-500 word essay in the body of your email. Describe your career goals, and why having an online presence would help you on your journey. For writing suggestions, feel free to tell us:
- Your career goals
- Steps you’ve already taken towards your goals
- Your intended field of study and proposed path
- How having a website can help you achieve the career you want or help you in your career
Attach one letter of reference from a teacher, principal, employer or community leader
Scholarship winners will also receive 1-year of website hosting and domain name services. Please tell us which Doteasy services (hosting and/or add-ons) would best suit you and your needs. (Note that this answer will not be considered as part of the adjudication process, but allows us to assess the best complimentary hosting resources for our scholarship winners). You can take a look at the services offered by Doteasy on our website: www.doteasy.com
The scholarship is open to students in their final year of high school. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2019.
Here is the URL for the scholarship details:
For Doteasy Scholarship information, CLICK HERE.