Are you often described as a leader, an achiever, or an innovator? Do you have limitless drive, ambition, and determination? If so, there’s an opportunity to receive a $25,000 prize towards your post-secondary education.
Founded in 2016, the STEAM Horizon Awards invite Canada’s youth to promote positive changes throughout their community using science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM).
Winners will be awarded a $25,000 prize for their post-secondary education. Two of the five prizes will go to Indigenous youth. The prizes will be funded by the Ingenium Foundation, alongside a group of award sponsors. We are confident that these recipients will act as role models and ambassadors for future STEAM generations.
Who is eligible?
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident of Canada
- Must be between 16 and 18 years old at the time of application
- Must be recognized for STEAM-related accomplishments in a formal or informal way
- Must be maintaining a minimum academic average of 85%
- Must either be preparing to enroll in Fall 2019, or currently enrolled, in their first year of post-secondary education. The enrolment must be in a STEAM field in Canada
All application info is available HERE.
Due January 16, 2019.
The Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity is a registered charity, located in the lower mainland and serves all of BC. We support children and their families who have lost a loved one with services such as fully-funded counselling, bursaries, camp funding, a toy drive and a lending library of books and resources.
CRCCS would like to offer a $1000 bursary to graduating students who have lost a parent and/or sibling.
To qualify for a $1000 CRCCS bursary, the student will be required to meet the criteria. The criteria includes:
- Grade 12 graduating student
- Loss of a parent and/or a sibling
- Enrolled in a certified post secondary program within the same year of graduating
- Involved in the community/volunteer work
- a BC Resident
- Complete mailing address, contact information and full name of the applicant
- Complete mailing address, contact information and the name of secondary school
- A minimum 500 word essay on how they fit the criteria, including all contact information.
You can also visit our website at www.crccs.ca/bursary-program/ for criteria and more details about the bursary opportunity.
For 2018, CRCCS awarded $33,000 in bursaries to graduating students all across BC!
You can also check out the website www.crccs.ca for more information. As well, if you know of students who may benefit from the other services the charity offers, we can mail you brochures or you can refer them to our website.
Applicants can mail to:
Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity
Counselling and Resource Centre
Attn: Jennifer Reaveley
#201 – 2571 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC
Canada, V3C 3G3
or email to:
For inquires or questions, please contact:
Jennifer Reaveley – Director of Bursaries
Due date: April 15, 2019
SPEATBC is again offering 5 scholarships related to ENGINEERING this year:
1) ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP – a high school student (grade 12) or recent graduate (within 2 years) planning on pursuing post-secondary studies upon graduation in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
2) POST SECONDARY SCHOLARSHIP – a post-secondary student enrolled in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
3) WOMAN IN ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP – a woman student enrolled in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
4) NEW IMMIGRANT SCHOLARSHIP – a new immigrant (max. of 2 years since arrival in Canada) pursuing post-secondary studies in an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
5) INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP – an international student studying in Canada with a valid Student Visa enrolled in or pursuing an engineering or technology related field of study at a recognized university, college, or technical school in BC
We are a not for profit organization that assists, advises and guides students and immigrants in the engineering disciplines. Since 1995 we have been promoting the engineering profession in the community by providing technical seminars and organizing social events. We are strongly focused on promoting youth to be strong leaders in our communities by providing them with education and guidance opportunities.
Information package details are available HERE.
SPEAT BC Flyer is HERE.
SPEAT Application form is HERE.
Due date to apply is January 5th, 2019.
The Publicity.ai SEO & Content Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in SEO and content marketing. Unlike most scholarships which simply require good luck to win, the Publicity.ai scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to appreciate and explain genius marketing!
Students applying must submit a brief essay explaining the best use of content marketing –the act of producing content to compel your audience to appreciate and share it– that they have seen. In 5 paragraphs or less, you should share what you saw (feel free to link to it if its online), how it made you feel, the call-to-action, and ultimately explain why a certain marketing campaign was the best use of content marketing that you have ever seen for the purposes of achieving business goals (typically increasing revenue and profits).
Studying in the fields of Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Communications, or IT are recommended but not required. Being passionate about appreciating great marketing is an absolute must. We’re always excited to see what the next generation of marketing leaders thinks is great content!
Click HERE for application details.
Due date: Thursday, December 20, 2018
The Lead Roster B2B Sales & Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in sales & marketing. Unlike most scholarships which require a simple essay and “good luck” to win, the Lead Roster scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to market and sell your own ideas!
Students applying must submit the URL of a video they’ve uploaded to YouTube where you explain, present, convince, inspire, entertain, market and/or sell us your reason why you deserve to win this scholarship. The video can be anything that you feel will compell us to choose your entry as long as it has “Lead Roster Scholarship” in the title and is publicly viewable.
Studying in the fields of Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Communications, or IT are recommended but not required. Being passionate about communicating your ideas is an absolute must. We’re always excited to see what the next generation of business leaders will do to create a winning video!
Click HERE for application details.
Due date: Thursday, December 20th, 2018.