Apply for the “Adventures in Forestry & Environment” program!
Travel to Prince George.
Launched in 1990, the Adventure in Forestry & Environment program annually introduces 20 to 30 high school students to the wide variety of careers that, the forest and environmental industries have to offer. From seed to sawdust, the Adventure in Forestry and Environmental Studies program is a unique, fun packed and fast paced way to learn about these industries. Not only are participants able to work side by side with and ask questions of industry professionals, students participate in a variety of tours and learn about related programs the University of Northern British Columbia and the College of New Caledonia offer. This program incorporates the latest technology providing new and innovative techniques with first hand, on site experiences. Program participant’s are eligible to compete for a Bursary offered by the Prince George Rotary Club
Dates: May 23 – 27, 2018 | Travel Dates: May 23 & 27 | Location: Prince George, BC
For more information about Rotary and the Adventure program visit http://www.RotaryBurnaby.org under Youth Services.
- Be a Grade 11 or 12 student between 15-18 years of age on January 1
- Provide a max. 1 page double spaced typed Statement of Interest as to why you wish to attend
- Provide a character reference from one of your teachers
- Submit the following application form, along with the Statement of Interest and Character Reference by January 19, 2018
The application form is HERE.
- Each High School will select one candidate to be interviewed by the Rotary Club of Burnaby
- Date of Interview: January 30, 2018 between 12:30pm and 3:30pm (details to follow)
- Candidates from each high school will be interviewed by representatives of the Rotary Club of Burnaby
- Interviews should last approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Candidates should have an understanding of Rotary and its priorities
Please see Ms. Falsetto with any questions.
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. They are offering an annual $500 scholarship to a deserving student.
Who is eligible?
All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in or the capacity in which they participate. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute. Please remember to include your name and the name of the school that you are attending.
What does the application process involve?
The application involves writing an essay (500-1000 words) answering the following:
- How did your participation in sports during your high school years influence you?
- Has your participation influenced your career goals?
- Has your participation influenced how you relate to your family?
The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community..
Please visit the website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
Deadline to apply is June 19, 2018.
The Society of Punjabi Engineers and Technologists of BC (SPEATBC) will be awarding FIVE SCHOLARSHIPS of $1000 each this year in the following categories:
1) ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
2) POST SECONDARY SCHOLARSHIP
3) WOMAN IN ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
4) NEW IMMIGRANT SCHOLARSHIP
5) INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Please visit speatbc.org for eligibility and application forms.
General SPEATBC Information is HERE.
Scholarship Information is HERE.
Scholarship Application form is HERE.
Please see Ms. Falsetto with any questions.
BC Children’s Hospital is offering a Discovery Day on December 8th, 2017. The day’s agenda includes a keynote speaker, workshops, lunch, a panel discussion and an opportunity to meet new people. Specific workshop information will be available on Wednesday morning.
The website for the Discover Day is HERE.
If you are interested in attending, please email/print a short letter (max one page double spaced) explaining why you are interested in attending. Each school is only permitted to send two students. Deadline to submit your letter of interest is this Tuesday, November 14th at lunch.
You will be informed by the end of Tuesday if you are selected. Workshop registration opens on Wednesday and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.